Monday 18 April 2011

Simon Says...

...Tim! Actually, Simon Says Stamp & Show says show us a Tim Holtz Technique... yes, that is the challenge this week over on the ... erm... (I am repeating myself already!!) Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Blog (wondering now if I mention Simon Says Stamp & Show whether or not I will get carted off to prison for the misuse of English, syntax, sentence construction, over punctuating...actually, when I was at school 99% of my English assignments came back with red words scrawled on saying "punctuation!!!") Anyways, as you can see, I am off on my rambling tangents already...blame it on the celebratory swig of beer I pinched from Grim's glass yesterday... I just cannot hold my drink lol




Right... let's start again... today a new challenge has been set.... oh dear, I am off again... ok, I have made a tag using only the finest products on the market, namely a whole lot of stashly goodies from the fair hand of the one and very only Duke of Distress. So, we have to show a Tim technique... and I chose my ultimate, 100% top ten favouritest technique ever.... Wrinkle Free Distress. Basically, I love this because it means that each time the tag/card/ATC is dipped into the inkyness, it comes up with a totally different look... lushly indeed!



I used Distress Stains to do my Wrinkle Free... first of all, I cut a piece of Crowded Attic paper (YES I am still in my Crowded Attic phase), coated with a light covering of Trad Tan paint, dried it and then smooshed Vintage Photo Stain onto the craft sheet and spritzed with water... dippy, drying, dippy etc... voila! Beautiful background... simples!!! There's a whole lot of Alterations going on too... the butterflies are Movers & Shapers and the Rosettes... ah yes, to die for (geddit, die for... ) I over stamped the butterflies with the butterfly stamp from the ~Spring Sprung~ Tim collection set. Oh and finally, do you see the ickle bottle cap on top of the rosette pile? That is just THE most darling little embellie... from the Bottle Cap Company... which I treated myself to at Ally Pally when I saw Lin demo them... a must have! I cheated slightly, I have a jar full of bottle caps that I bought in a brewery shop for a quid... so I didn't buy the beautiful decorated ones ... instead I painted one of my boring green ones and the spritzed some Espresso Colorwash over the top...



Cor blimey... how much yakking?? Well it is my 1001th post so I am being self indulgent and waffling away... what I am actually doing is putting off chores... sitting here waffling is far nicer than washing up or helping Grim chop down 300foot high nettles... but, alas, I should go really... things to do, inky to get messy with and stamps to play with... thanks for looking... if you got this far lol Have a very goodly day... TTFN!

Hels x

22 comments:

Larisa said...

it is fantastic!!! Great project!!

jude said...

Gorgeous Tag Hels just love those crowded attic papers.I must start using more instead of just stroking them ..lol
hugs judex

Artyjen said...

Scrummy rosette stack and the butterflies are cute too! ;)
xoxo Sioux

Dragon said...

Wonderfully waffly post again with a beautiful art work to look at, whilst I have my usual giggle!!!
Frankie
xx

Joanne said...

Amazing, just darned amazing.
Hugs Joanne xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous, and you found time to do this challenge so quickly today!

Minxy said...

Absolutely beautiful, loving the kraft colour tones x

Gillian .... said...

Oooo WrinklyIcious lol, love this technique, you are the duchess of it, this tag just shouts touch me lol, so yummy:) xx






delicious

Andrea said...

just perfection Hels and I have to say your SS yesterday is totally AMAZING xx

slbt17 said...

Wonderful - love how you layered the rosette.
Sandra ltb

Nancy Wethington said...

Beautifully done!

Candy C said...

Good morning Hels! Your tag is dripping "TIM". It's wonderful! LOVE the colors and all the elements you incorporated on this tag! LOVELY! <3 Candy

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

This is a true Tim beauty. Took a few extra peeps and the layers are wonderful.

Marijane said...

Another lush, lovely tag and a fine tribute to his "Distressiness," Tim Holtz! Your tags offer so many details and layers that they're always fun to behold. Simon Says Stamps is a wonderful company and I always turn to them to get the Tim Holtz products that I can't seem to find in the local stores. Your contribution to the Tim Holtz challenge should make you and Tim proud!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love what you did with the rosettes and the bottle cap!! This is a gorgeous tag!!

Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Belinda Basson said...

wow! This tag is spectacular. I love all the layers of the rosette. And the Lord Tim of Holtz crown in the center, just makes it!

Kirsten Alicia said...

SOOOOOO gorgeous!!

1CardCreator said...

Awesome! I love your bottlecap embellie!

Gerri Herbst said...

Your pieces are always amazing. The color on this one is so serene. Your dimensional details are delicious. Just love them. take care, gerri

Lori said...

Gorgeous with a capital "G"! Hels! Love all the layers and bits and bobs, stellar work as usual! And, thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Lynn Stevens said...

HiYa Hels,
You really rocked this challenge, LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
Sorry to hear not not feeling to well.
Gentle hugs Lynn

Nancy said...

LOVELOVELOVE this! Wrinkle-free is my favorite technique, too - you've used it beautifully here!

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show - I always look forward to seeing what you share with us there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails