Sunday 6 March 2011

Sunday Stampers - Week 144 - Mother Nature's Son

Goodly Morning Stampers! Many thanks for all the oooh laaa laaaa entries for last weeks challenge, twas like travelling to Paris all week :O)) This week I am returning to my favourite-ist band ever and I have chosen a track from the White Album (which was actually titled The Beatles but by popularity became known as the White Album... I said that wearing my best anorak BTW ROFL) **and... BTW, I actually have two copies of the White Album...one is on CD and the other is most prized indeedily - it is the original vinyl copy with all the stuff inside it and it has a serial number on it... my Dad gave this to me when I was in my teens... precious stuff indeed ** Anyways, here is a linky to YouTube so you can hear the song I am waffling on about! **half an hour later, Hels returns after being distracted by allll those Beatles songs on You Tube LOL** So, the theme!! I nearly forgot in all this excitement of Beatles music... the theme this week is... NATURE. To join in with the challenge all you need to do is make a little something (can be anything of your choice) include the theme and some stamping and then leave a comment for me here with a link to the place you are showing your entry ... then I can hop on over to see your entry. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 12th March 2011.



My entry this week is a shadow box that I have turned into a "specimen" box. Totally inspired by those amazingly lush new Crowded Attic Papers from the Duke of Distress whom I am now going to also call the Prince of PaperStacks... wow, is all I can say... I thought that the Lost & Found was the best ever but this new one... oooohaaaaooooohaaaaahhh is all I can say LOL *along with how gorgeous it is and how much you neeeed it!* The frame started out as a plain wooden box that I painted with black Dabber and then sanded back so the pale wood showed through... I then added Vintage Photo DI over the top and bashed away with a Texture Hammer to get the vintage look. The number at the top is a Plaquette - aren't those just perfect!!



Now, I do have a "girly" side... it occasionally rears its head and makes me do daft things like dye my hair pink or wear... gasps with horror... skirts! (not that often I hasten to add!) So, I do admit that I love a nice butterfly... and I love a nice moth... so... both on the same page!!! Imagine... I was sooo excited I just had to get the scissors and start snipping away and cutting them out. The idea behind this piece was to recreate one of those old fashioned butterfly collectors boxes... you know, those rather sad looking ones with the beautiful butterflies pinned to a board... well, this way, no butterflies are harmed and it looks as nice, well, I reckon it does :O))




The stamping on this piece was onto the cardstock which is lining the inside of the box... I coloured the card with Antique Linen Stains and then blended Vintage Photo DI over the edges... then did some stamping with more Vintage Photo and some distressy background stamps from Tim's collection. Oh and I added my vintage date stamp on there too... so it looks older than it is... The little pins are Maya Road Crystal Trinket pins which I just cut down in size so they fitted into the butterflies... which I had coloured with Distress Inks... I used my butterfly and moth guide to get some ideas for their colours too.




Anyways... that is my entry... what will you make??? And... do you have the Crowded Attic papers already?? Whatcha fink of them??? Right... YouTube is calling with more Beatles songs for me to listen to *which is stoooopid because I have all the CD's downstairs and could just load them onto the laptop LOL* Thanks for looking... Have a fabbylicious day! TTFN

Hels x

39 comments:

Lesley said...

Lovely piece Hels and i love what you did with the frame!
I do indeedy have the new paper stash and it is utterly gorgeous.....but i'm still at the stage of stroking it! No doubt it will get cut into at some time this week! ;o)

Linda M. Cain said...

WAY cool!

~Linda

Dan said...

A wonderful piece Hels, and a great theme too! :) You can see my entry by clicking here.

Helen said...

Don't have the stack - yet!! Great display piece here, Hels. Your Room of Stash will be full soon and you'll need a bigger one!!

Helen said...

Don't have the stack - yet!! Great display piece here, Hels. Your Room of Stash will be full soon and you'll need a bigger one!!

Joanne said...

I used to be a Beetles fan when they started out, but can't stand them now. Still, I do love your fritilliary collection. Wish it was warm so I could see some for real.
Hugs Joanne xx

Unknown said...

Wow, looks great.

I don't have that stack (yet) but stop putting ideas into my head. I'm giving my bank manager your address as I wouldn't spend any money on craft without bad influences in my life (as if!!!)

Away this weekend so I'm going to have to get my naturey head on next week.

Helen said...

Sorry about my duplicate comment before - blame blogger! Anyhow, as I had the idea for this card in my head yesterday, just was too lazy to make it - the theme today was perfect. See my card here

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love your use of the new Paper stack :))) and will be back with my challenge piece later
xx

Janet said...

Love your "specimen box",the papers look great, have to have me thinks.My ATC is on
http://dash-paw.blogspot.com.
Janet x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh, I l luv the specimen box I have always wanted one of these for my home, now I see I can accomplish it, on my own! Clever girl you are my dear...btw, what is a "dress"? Never heard of it in my closet! lol

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a wonderful shadow box, love all the butterflies.

Maggie said...

Love your box and the papers how did you manage to cut them!!
Also think the beatles are great andthe album is treasured by us too, it was bought by DH when first released from a record shop after queing for hours!!!!!! OMG thst shows our age! Thanks for link too brill we got lost too lol.

jude said...

Hels ,This is absolutely stunning !Soon as i saw this so reminded me of those boxes with the butterflies in it.The paper looks lush maybe another for my wanted/need list!
hugs judex

shirley said...

Love your box!
The butterflies are great too.
Do not have this paper...yet!

Anonymous said...

Love the butterflies piece Hels......and yes, the stacks are in the building.....for now LOL

BarbaraW said...

Love your butterflies.
Here's my card:
http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2011/03/art-of-spring.html

Linda B said...

ooooh totally loving this Hels!!!

Elaine said...

Great butterflies but I really like the frame - very realistic looking!! Here's my card:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/03/nature.html

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous piece Hels, very creative. Can't wait to get my hands on the paper stack. The frame is gorgeous and I'm sure will have pride of place in your craft room. My entries are HERE. Have a great week. Tracy Evans x x

Gillian .... said...

Loving the new paper stash, perfect for your gorgeous specimen box Hels.

Here is my entry for this week-

http://scrappydoo-gillian.blogspot.com/2011/03/mother-natures-art-parts-canvas.html

Kate said...

A double whammy from me #144 and #143 combined - here!

** Kate **

Maggie said...

I'm back with my link for Nature challenge
http://capricorncrafts.blogspot.com/2011/03/nature-and-swirls.html

couldn't resist another trip via your link to the beatles track!!

Maggie said...

I'm back with my link for Nature challenge
http://capricorncrafts.blogspot.com/2011/03/nature-and-swirls.html

couldn't resist another trip via your link to the beatles track!!

Maggie said...

I'm back with my link for Nature challenge
http://capricorncrafts.blogspot.com/2011/03/nature-and-swirls.html

couldn't resist another trip via your link to the beatles track!!

Fliss said...

Really love your butterfly box Hels and it looks like that paper will be the new must have.
You can find my entry at
http://stamperschef.blogspot.com/2011/03/blossoms-and-butterfly.html

Thanks!
Fliss x

Penni said...

Great Theme Hels and I love your beautiful creation.

I've made a tag, you can see it HERE

Hugs
Penni
X

jude said...

Hiay Hels ,Gorgeous frame !Just stunningly Beautiful
Here’s my entry
Hugs Judex

ellen vargo designs said...

Hi Hon! Guess what! I'm joining in this week! Here's a linky to my piece...

http://1036art.blogspot.com/2011/03/studio-490-meant-to-be.html

Hugs to you! Els xxx

Joanne said...

I've had a go this week.
http://mytobyjug.blogspot.com/2011/03/perfect-bee.html
Hugs Joanne xx

Lori said...

Yea! Got one done! Here's my entry!

Kim Dellow said...

Hi Hels, love the butterfly display! Fab. Here is mine into the nature challenge.
Kim

Laura said...

Fantastic theme. Really enjoyed myself!
http://ashappyas.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunday-stamper-mother-nature.html

Vixykins said...

Hiya petaloo! Your samples are just stunning, loving the metal ones! Have had a tinker and done a flowery one I'd like to enter here

Ann said...

Terrific theme Hels & I got to play with some of my new stash too!! Love your wonderful piece of art xxx

Here is my link -
http://ann-icklehaggiscraftspot.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunday-stampers-challenge-week-144.html

Ann xxx

Barb Cady said...

Hi Hel's just in time, here is my Nature tag! Love your butterflies, great inspiration!
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-love-my-job-but-problem-is-i-only.html

margaret said...

Hi Hels -Now getting into this, here is a little contribution to the Sunday Stamper Nature challenge. Find my contribution on
http://marglovecrafting.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-is-my-contribution-to-artistic.html Hope this has worked.

Charli said...

Such a lovely piece Hels, and a great theme too.

My entry is HERE

Take care,
Charli x

SannaS said...

hi..here again...click on my name for my entry!!!
what a fabulous piece of art you created, I absolutely love it, I've come by many times this week to admire it.. =)
Hugs, SannaS

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails