Monday 21 March 2011

Simons Says...

...have a word! Actually, it is the theme for the new Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week and I have actually managed to get in early ... for a change! I have been having a lovely messy morning playing with those gorgeo-lush Dylusions sprays... The colours on this tag are Burnt Orange, Pomegranite and Cyan with a smidge of Worn Leather. I dried them with a heatgun and then spritzed lightly with water which gives some fabby dabbles. The stamping is using two of the new sets from the Duke of Distress... am loving the Stuff to Say... and the Papillon... perfect!



I used the Dylusions to colour the trim at the bottom of the tag... oh and I just remembered, I got asked the other day... did I make the flower trim? Nope, it is actually from the Idea-ology Trims pack... and I LURRRVE this stuff... you have probably noticed that cos it is showing on everything I am making at the moment LOL Ah, yes, those Dylusions... I NEED more! I started off with just the colours that I thought I would use, you know, like my faves... and now I am looking at the rest of the range and seriously thinking all of them are my fave colours now!! If you haven't seen them yet, click HERE and you will be whizzed off to Art From The Heart and you can see all the varieties yourself ;O))



The whole tag looked a bit flat so I stamped some more butterflies onto more cardstock and cut them out... I have left the cut edges of them white so they stand out a bit more... and then I puffed them using a paperstump onto a foam mat.



Oooh and... you know the other night there was a "super moon"...actually Professor Brian Cox doesn't like it being called that... no, he told me **actually he wrote it in a newspaper but a gal can D:ream - didya see what I did there...D:ream... cos he was in D:ream LOL** that is it called the Moon in Perigee so I shall be using that term from now on LOL Anyways... my Grim went outside with his camera and took a couple of piccies of said moon.. and oooh, they are ever so good... here are the pics:





Anyways... tis time for me to get back to inkyness... have a goodly day and thanks for looking!! TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Very luscious colour combination with those Dylusion sprays. I want!

hazel said...

Beautiful tag, love the colours.
xxx Hazel.

whyducks said...

Lovely tag Hels, love the colours. Mr Grim is not only good at putting shelves up, but taking wonderful photos too, impressive, what else, or shouldn't I ask?

Minxy said...

Beautiful tag, very zesty, guess the sprays will be yet another thing i need add to my wish list lol

Elaine said...

Great photos of the moon - mine were very hazy so think he must have a long lens!!

Gerri Herbst said...

Another beautiful tag. The colors are dreamy. Love your photos too!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful tag, love the colours. Great photos of the moon. Anesha :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh!! I'll have to agree with everyone else so far - amazing colors!! I like the embellishments too : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Helen said...

Repeat after me, "i do not need more sprays" "I do not..." no, nor do I, lol!
This is fabbilicious! Love the moon pics, I tried but could't lean far enough out of the window....

Linda M. Cain said...

Oooohh, lovin' the colors here, Hels!

~Linda

Candy C said...

Hels, this WISH tag is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors and the BUTTERFLIES! Those sprays are amazing! Love the way they turned out! I've been "MOONED" with your photos...very cool!

Larisa said...

wow!! It is fantastic!!! Great creation!!!

Candy C said...

I forgot to tell you ... in my excitement of being "mooned"...thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Good luck!

Annie said...

Fab tag Hels.
We have launched our BIG celebration draw over in our shop today so please pop over and join in the fun.
A x
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

fantastic tag Hels, love this lots and tell Graham the moon picks are brill to xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic tag, love the background colors and the butterflies.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Very fabulous!! As are Mr Grim's Perigee Moon (ahem) photos.

Shannon said...

I want to get this new Tim Holtz stamp so bad (not to mention a ton of his other new stamps, dies, etc.,etc.). I almost go crazy right about this time of the year, right after the first CHA show of the year, because there are so many new products I want to get my hands on it's almost overwhelming. Back to your artwork, I love the colors used too. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Ann said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, love the colours, those sprays are to die for!! :D
And well done Grim for such fab moon piccies......it was cloudy here, so we didn't get to see it xxx

Lynne Forsythe said...

your tag is OUTTA this WORLD...and the piccs of the moon...FANTABULOUS!!


THANKS for playing along with the teamies at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Maggie Ann said...

I love your work...the background is so gorgeous...the whole thing is luscious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails