Thursday 10 February 2011

Curiously Enamelled...

...time for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge again... only a few more weeks left of this challenge so I am making the most of it :O)) If you haven't heard about the challenge before, hop on over to Linda's blog... this week the challenge is on Page 41 of the Compendium of Curiosities... a book by the one and only Duke of Distress. Well, I have to say... I really struggled with this technique... the first tag was binned before the brown ink was added... yuk!




The second tag was binned after I bodged the stamping... doh! I used Archival ink and forgot to heat set it... so I ended up with smudges all over the place... so finally, this one made it to completion! The colours are only Old Paper and Vintage Photo - I do think these two as a combo make a lovely couple :O))



So... how excited am I!!! This time 7 days away, Ellen will have landed in the UK and we should be making our way to Starbucks at St Pancras (well, it would be very rude not to pop in and partake of a Frapucchino LOL) and then we will be on our way back to the Room of Stash via the kitchen for a sausage roll... can you believe that Ellen had never had a sausage roll until she came to stay last year??? Well, it would have been a bit remiss of me to not introduce her to the delights that are the rolls of sausage... mmm, yummy sausage meat encased in crisp golden puff pastry... corrrr, my chops are fair watering already!




I would't normally be so gung-ho about eating "naughty" food but when Ellen was last here, we set a decree... and you might be interested in it because it is a world wide thing, not just a Room of Stash thing... calories are all zero-rated in the following conditions: visiting friends, crafting with friends, when your fingers are inky (the ink zero's the calories straight out), when you are in a foreign country, when you are with someone from a foreign country, when you have been on a aeroplane and when you have visited an airport. **that covers all eventualities LOL** Anyways... all this waffle about sausage rolls has given me rumble tum-tums... time for breakfast methinks! Thanks for looking... have a goodly day! TTFN

Hels x

24 comments:

Daniele said...

third time lucky as they say....but I bet they weren't that bad, I love all the elements that you have put on this tag though
hugs

Sheilagh said...

That is my philosophy on calories too..lol Have you tried Morrisons sausage rolls? They are scrummy.

Love you tags by the way. I must get that book out and start doing stuff from it. When was it published? 2 yrs ago? I got it and put it on the book self and there it has been since.

Thanks for the inspiration.

flutterbycrafter said...

Fantastic tag, and in total agreement with the zero calories thingy, I've more or less been able to stick to the rules most of my life, lol. xx

Maggie said...

Fab tag love the color combo, like the idea of the zero calories mmmmmm

Helen said...

This version looks fab, I loved this technique.

Hettie said...

Lurrrve the tag. Nice to see you have covered the zero cals for when you are crafting with Sir Tim - crafting with friends!!! Not lomg now!!!!

xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning tag, I love how you got so much detail on it. :)

Lynn Stevens said...

HI YA Hels!!! Its been a bit since I've been over. gonna take a peek around. Wonderful tag, love your rosette !! so many cool elements on it too.
Hugs Lynn

Lori said...

Awesome tag, Hels, love all the layering on the rosette. Another spectacular piece!

Ann said...

Gorgeous tag Hels......and I bet the other two weren't that bad!! xxx

craftimamma said...

Well the tag may have taken 3 tries Hels, but it was well worth it. It's fab!

Are you going to show us the drive?

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

amei as cores!

Val said...

Hi Hels - Brilliant tag - love all the elements, especially the stunning rosette.

I forgot to say before - fab stuff in Craft Stamper. That Beeswas piece is just so yummy!

Hugs
Valxx

Kelly O said...

Very cool, I really like all the elements and how they come together.

Netty said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, great enamel and adore your centrepiece. Annette x

Andrea said...

just a stunning tag Hels and how excited are you xx

Hettie said...

Hi Hels. It is me again. I have an award for you on my blog!! :-)

Sam aka Hettie

Jolanda said...

your tag looks fantastic - I love the colour combination; it works really well x

Siobhan Brignull said...

ooh what did I do with my life before I discovered your daily ramblings, LOL. I too love a ssg roll, used to have to be cold but I have been converted by that G**gg bakers, until I was so awfully ill after one of them, that I have never eaten there again, I am however tempted by other varieties, with hot chips and salad cream its a classic. x

Kirsten Alicia said...

The tag is beautiful Hels, I love everything about it. Thanks for putting sausage rolls into my head - I'll have to go shopping tomorrow! ;)

shirley henry said...

AWESOME tag...love all the layering!

I agree with the no calories.

Linda S. said...

Hi Hels, Your third tag is just beautiful. I get such a kick out of you waiting for your friend to arrive. Since I have no clue what you are talking about when you mention sausage rolls, maybe you should send some back with your friend when she returns to the USA.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hels, you're just magical, girlfriend! I'd never in a million years have thought you had any trouble with this challenge-- your completed tag is every bit as gorgeous and brilliant as everything else you create (i.e. FREAKING gorgeous and brilliant!). The rusted grunge is fab, and the rosette and lovely metals and tissue tape look great on there. Bravo, as always!

I'm so glad you and Ellen get to spend more time together! Hmm... what are you going to feed this vegetarian when I come visit one of these days? ;-)

Tracey said...

La, La, La, La, Laaaaaaa, cannot read about sausage rolls, fingers in eyes. Just joined Slimming World this week, cannot fall at the first hurdle, how many beans have I had in the last couple of days. sorry I digress, your tag is gorgeous Hels, love the metally bit, I never seem to have any of these types of things, must not shop hard enough LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails