Wednesday 23 February 2011

Blackout...

... have you tried it yet??? You know, that HEAVENLY new Clearly for Art... Blackout version... corrrr, I have a new fave crafty product. I got all creative last weekend making a book using some old book covers that Ellen brought with her... these have a library page stuck in the front which is dated 11/27/22 - which in English is 27th November 1922 - BTW, me and Ellen figured out why we write the date differently... cos over here we say 24th of February and in the USA they say February 24... see, simples explanation... still makes me boggle a bit when I try and understand the exact date but I am getting better at it!





Anyways... before I went waffling on about dates etc, I was extoling the virtues of Blackout... seriously, if you thought that the Clearly For Art clear was good... you are so going to love the Blackout. Now I have a bit of a thing about black and white - like the combo of these two colours... it can be black and cream too... I like those too... and I sometimes like to add in a splash of colour.. but never red.... don't like red that much... think it is a result of being so very aware of red signals when I was a train driver... anyways... the colour scheme for this book just kind of flowed without me thinking... so there is red... but it is a nice red, not a bright scary one LOL






The cover has an Art Part Pocket Watch - OMG, you have to get these... they are seriously coolio! I added on some little Art Part flowers and then got playing with the Blackout - which was stamped with Gold StaZon and then moulded whilst hot... and if you don't like the way it has moulded, reheat it, it goes back to flat and you can start again. If you nip onto You Tube I think there is a CHA video on there with Wendy explaining about Clearly For Art... very clever stuff :O))



The pages are made from mountboard which was then covered with Jenni Bowlin papers... both the 12" and the 4" ones were used... they are lush... I have been covetting them for over a year now and it was time for me to cut into them...




I won't put all the pics on today ... I did 5 pages front and back... plus some ickle files that open up too... so there are looooads of photo's... oooh, what I did mean to say was... the embellies - the chippie bits and some of the flowers etc are all from a huge box of stash that THE Wendy Vecchi was selling on her blog the other week and my stash mule (Ellen) dragged them halfway across the world for me... bless. The other bits are either Art Parts or Maya Road. oh and all the stamping is Studio 490 (except for one sentiment but that is for another day)



I thought I had better write this post tonight while I am still relatively calm... you see, I may have muttered something about this before but... do indulge me... tis... less than 10 hours now til I am doing the Artsy Crafts class with the Duke of Distress himself... nay and thrice, I should give him his full titles... the Sultan of Stamping... the Viscount of Vintage... anyways... I am going to go to bed now...



Actually I was going to bed about 45 mins ago and then got sidetracked faffing in the Room of Stash... and then I decided to blog cos I probably won't get chance in the morning... and now I have got my second wind and I know if I don't at least try to go to sleep now that I will be looking rather worse for wear in the morning... not only has Henry decided to reappear... I also have a gremlin that sneaks into my bedroom of a night, used a pot of extra strength mousse to muss my hair up and then uses a sink plunger to make my face puff up... poor old Grim, he has a lot to put up with already, but me, first thing on a morning... yikes.. poor bloke! Right, I am deffo going now... beauty sleep and all that... if you are going to the class... see you there... if not... have a good day! TTFN

Hels (and Henry Zit) x

20 comments:

gayle said...

The red is a perfect accent :) lovely! Have fun with Lord Tim!!

Caroline Hallett said...

gosh this is beautiful - really love it - have fun with Lord Tim!

Lesley said...

Oooooh Hels....this book is scrummy!! Just ordered me some blackout, can't wait!!
Have a fabby day tomorrow.....i'm seeing Lord Tim on Friday, if i don't combust with excitement before hand!!!

the mixie pixie said...

These pages are fabulous! You have inspired me to dig out my altered book stash and play with that stuff again. I must look into these products you love. I know nothing about them, but if you love 'em, then that makes 'em worth looking into!

Lori said...

Oooo, this is a drool material piece for sure! Love all of it Hels, and I can't wait to get that blackout!

Helen said...

This is absolutely beautiful - love it. Hope you got some sleep and have an incredible time today. So cross I am not there... hope there'll be another time. Leave some stock for Lin so I can grab some after, lol!!

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous pages....hope you got some sleep! I was awake at 5.30!!!
Have fun
xoxo Sioux

Joanne said...

What a lovely treasure.
Now then, should I look for you or Henry coming through the door first?
hugs xx

craftimamma said...

Coo, I am behind the times. I hadn't even heard of the blackout before. Must check it out as this looks fantabulous Hels. A lot of work but what a result. Look forward to seeing the rest of it with all the little details.

Have a wonderful day with Tim and your buddies.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is a fab book, Hels. I love the accent of red running through. The blackout is really great.
Have a wonderful time with Tim, you will anyway, but don't forget to tell us mere mortals about it afterwards! Judith xx

Nancy Wethington said...

Hels, these are so good! Thanks for sharing your art.

Ann said...

Fabulous as always Hels....but I don't know about blackout, can you fill me in some more please?? Have a wonderful day with the Master, love n Hugs. Ann xxx

Tracy Evans said...

Great book Hels, love all the details, the layers and embellishments all work perfectly together. Whilst I am here thought I would give you a link to my Sunday Stamper piece HERE. Enjoy your time with TIM. Tracy Evans x

Elaine and Lisa at Destination Art said...

Hi Hels, as always you had both Lisa and I in stitches with your post. Have you thought about stand up comedy. From all our feeds everyday, yours is the one that gets us giggling - thanks for that love!!!
Glad to hear you had an awesome time with Ellen, jealous about Tim as he hasn't been to Australia for since his one and only visit 5 years ago, drats!!
Anyway, back to your blog posting, what a bunch of eye candy, just gorgeous as always and we can't wait to see the rest.
Big hugs, Elaine and Lisa at Destination Art
Western Australia

Debby said...

Beautiful book! You are so lucky to have the new Wendy products first. They are not out yet here in the US so I am so greeeeeeen with envy!

mamakat said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time with Tim and hope to see some pics soon! Also glad to here that you DID get one of those 15 boxes of stash from Wendy. I got one too and WOW was it incredible or WHAT?!!!!

Paper Paradise said...

Fantastic blog, you are so very cleverin all that you do. Looking forward to being a follower and keeping up with your creations. Sorry to hear you are leaving Gingersnap but have enjoyed seeing your arty stuff on their amazing blog. Sue x

Jana said...

WOWOWOWOWOooooh. This is gorgeous. I love all the layers and the neutrals mixed in with the perfect touch of color. Perfection!

Val said...

WOW - how fabtabulous is all this stuff. Just love it.

Great to see you on Thursday - wha a blast. Timmy is just so amazing - feel a bit like a groupie!!

Hugs
Valxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Absolutely stunning stuff hun :-)
I love Alan Carr (may have forgotten to comment on the actual post that was in!
Anne xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails