Sunday 9 January 2011

Sunday Stamper - Week 136 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Goodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all! Many thanks for all your lovely entries last week - I had a grand time hopping about to see them all :O)) This week we have a special theme - it was Jennie's 21st birthday (again lol) on Friday and she has set this weeks theme... which I have to say is a corker of a song... which takes me back to those halcyon days of my late teens and too much time spent being a student LOL So, the theme is... DIAMONDS. You can use diamond shapes, stamps, gems or if you are feeling flush, the real thing!! :O)) To join in with the challenge, all you need to do is make a piece of art - it can be a card, altered art, an ATC, a tag; the choice is yours, include the theme and some stamping. Then pop back here and leave a comment for me with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can hop over and visit you and have a nosey. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 15th January 2011.



For my entry I have used a diamond stamp (tis my old faithful that finds itself onto almost everything I make) and I cut into (ouch) some of the lush, divine and simply beautiful Vintage Shabby paper stack - cutting along the diamonds to make a border down the centre of the board. I started by covering the base board with two contrasting papers from the grey section of the paper stack. I edged these with Stormy Sky Distress Ink and then sanded the edges to shabby it up a bit. The divider in the centre is cut from the diamond pattern 6" square paper, I then used this as a template for the border along the top of the piece. I edged these with more Stormy Sky and again, sanded and also distressed them... and added some faux stitching using a fine pen.




I cut a load of shapes using the Slice and layered these up - there is some diamond stamping on them... some of it is hidden by the layers though. Again these layers were egded with Stormy Sky and sanded and then doodled... the sentiment is one of my faves from the collection of the Duke of Distress... I love it because I can layer the words up to give it depth.




Next, I used some more of the papers - blues and greys this time, and stuck them to Grungepaper using Claudine Hellmuth's Matte Medium... gotta love this stuff... it sticks without being sticky, if that makes sense! I always stick paper to the canvas side of the GP - so when I cut flowers out I can ink the back of them and the ink stays better on the suede side of GP. I cut out flowers and leaves using the Tattered Florals and Tattered Leaves Alterations, edged them with ink, flipped them over and inked the backs then sanded and then curled them up. I made a rose using the Tattered Florals small 6 petal flower and then popped this into the centre of one of the larger flowers. The other flower has some flourishes behind - cut using the Elegant Flourishes Alterations die... and for this one, I popped an Idea-ology Clock and Lock into the centre.



The finishing touches are the hanger the pins which I have had lurking in my stash for yonks and the ickle bookplate behind which I popped the word HOPES from the larger version of the sentiment stamp... one of the cool things about having the mini versions of Tim's stamps is that they can be used on the same project this way. Oh and I almost forgot the ickle bottle... this is from Sky Blue Pink - the rest of the stashly goodies that are loaded onto this hanging are available from The Artistic Stamper.




I am liking the shabby vintagey look of this piece... and it is nearly a whole week since I last made a hangy piece... I was getting withdrawal symptoms! I have managed to keep Mr Mojo in the Room of Stash too... he did try to sneak off yesterday afternoon but I managed to grab him before he sloped off... I have noticed on my travels around Blogland that there are loads of peeps who are missing their Mojo's... I have a theory... every January all the Mojo's in the world have a get together and sit around somewhere sunny and hot and drink Mojito's and the reason they do it is because... they can ROFL Anyways... time for me to start tidying the old Room of Stash... I am telling myself that I am not allowed to make anything else until I have cleared away all the rubbish and stuff is put back where it lives... mmm, not sure how long that will last though LOL Thanks for looking... have a goodly day! TTFN

Hels x

36 comments:

Minxy said...

Absolutely stunning, I best get my thinking cap on!

Netty said...

Totally gorgeous Hels, so loving your creation. Annette x

Kathy Eddy said...

This is so fabby! I love everything about it! So many yummy details.

Artyjen said...

Fabby dabby! Love the shades of blue...too gorgeous!
I keep telling myself the same thing about clearing up but I need to get my £*%% in gear to make something for Tues!!!
Have a great day
xoxo Sioux

jacque4u2c said...

Wow just stunning!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous piece, Hels.

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2011/01/sunday-stampers-diamonds.html

Helen said...

What a stunner! Ok, let me see.....

Sandy said...

Wow I´m impressed. This is outstanding Hels. Amazing blue creation. I love it.

Have a lovely sunday hun.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

love the song title!! but then I would..lol!!! your piece is stunning, especially like the squiggles too!
I am in the middle of making a pice, so will be back later
xxx

Joanne said...

Well, I thought I had seen the most marvelous art from you, nay, even 'owned' it, but this piece has beaten the lot. I thoroughly love it. It would hang really well in my now tidy work room!!! I'll remind you of my adress - it's ...........
Hugs Joanne xx

Sew This N That said...

Stunning creation Hels, love the colours :)
*hugs* Heather x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love this, Hels! I should join in really (Lucy in the sky with Diamonds?) but my mojo is off on the same trip as everyone else's,

Lucy x

Lori said...

Gorgeous piece! Love the shabby chic look, and that paper is lush, isn't it?

Helen said...

I had fun with this one. got nice and inky with some grungepaper!
.Here is my entry!

Artfull Crafts Design Team said...

Oh, this is lovely! Fab colours, and so soft and vintage! Love it!

Janet said...

Love the blue and grey together,
gorgeous piece.
my ATC is on
http://dash-paw.blogspot.com
Janet x

Minxy said...

Back with my offering HERE

pearshapedcrafting said...

Mr Mojo sure must have had a good holiday judging by the way he got you working on this:) Love the colours and the way everything just goes!!
Chris

Daniele said...

great challenge Hels here is my card thanks for taking a peek
hugs

minnie_mac said...

Beautiful piece. Gorgeous colours.

My entry is at:

http://minnie-mac.blogspot.com

Marilyn

Alaska Fishing Vacation said...

Awesome Amazing,,,,I love your creation...this will be a standing work...

Alaska Fly Fishing

BarbaraW said...

Hels your work is just stunning.
Her's my submission: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2011/01/angel.html

craftimamma said...

This is beautiful Hels! I love the blues and grays and those flowers are lovely. Thanks for the tips on applying papers to GP.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Kristina said...

Beautiful Art!!
Here's Mine
http://lllscrap.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-nicole.html

Elaine said...

Love the pretty colours. Here's my little effort this week:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.com/2011/01/diamonds.html

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I have entered!! lol
Mine is
Here
Jennie x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

oops not sure the link is working so here it is..
http://theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/2011/01/cupboard-love.html

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh, thought I'd left a comment for this :-/ Was just popping back to leave my link. Anyway this is fabulous hun, love all the gorgeousness and fabby colour ;-)
Hmm link didn't work so it's here http://liverpoollou.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Stampers (or if you manage to pop over today, Thurs, then just click on my name as it'll be top post)
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous shabby chic art Hels! Love your doodling!
I made a little Hangy Piece
Alison xxx

janita mantel said...

here is mine thanks

Lori said...

Got it done! Yippee!

Laura said...

Hi Hun
I think you may recognize the origins of this! You see your workshop did pay off.

http://ashappyas.blogspot.com

Jo said...

Hi, here's my take on the theme http://shabbydandelion.blogspot.com/2011/01/wheezin.html

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv what you made GF, bee-utiful! you can see my diamonds here:

http://iwork4stamps2.blogspot.com/2011/01/ccc-hels-and-more.html

Hazel said...

my card is here x

Kezzy said...

The hanging piece is brilliant, you always come up with fantastic ideas. I'm late, I didn't realise it was before 9pm, this is my first week of challenges.
Sorry :-(

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails