Monday 24 January 2011

I Challenge Thee...

...Week 3 already!!! Oh yes indeedily, during our weekly Skype session yesterday, Ellen and I sorted out our latest Challenge Thee... erm... challenge! Now, these challenges are so addictive that I am positively drooling by the time it gets to Sunday afternoons. Who would have thought that three little words could open up a whole host of possibilities. So... in usual fashion, we chose the "thing" we would be making... this week was Ellen's turn to pick, so it is a card. The recipe is simples; Ellen chose Worn Lippy and Broken China DI, and I chose Spiced Marmalade and Stormy Sky DI with us both being allowed one "wild card" although why we call it that when it should really be a "wild ink" LOL Then Ellen said we had to use Stampotique stamps... which is hardly a hardship for me seeing as I lurve them all. Oh and we had to add ribbons on the card too.




I decided to make a card like I used to make "cute" ones... yes, it is true! Newer readers of this waffley old blog probably won't realise that at one time I did make cute as well as grungey... I know! Me! Cute! However, it is over 13 months since I last made anything vaguely cute... but I do like the layouts of the cards and the little flowers always look so pretty... so, as I was saying before I whizzed off on a tangent... cute style with my little old grungey Heart Throb Stampotique stamp... isn't he just adorable! I coloured him with the DI's and a waterbrush, edged the card and paper with Brushed Corduroy which was my "wild ink". I added some balloons I cut out of papers (which are all from the Vintage Shabby stack) and drew some stitching on using a fine pen.




I am not sure if the "ribbon" actually qualifies as it is more of a twill... but don't tell anyone and I may get away with it LOL So... there is my I Challenge Thee for this week... roll on next Sunday!!! Actually, we have also devised a quarterly challenge too... so I can make some of that this week if I am missing my recipes too much. Right... I said this half an hour ago on my other post today... bedtime! I am scheduling this to publish at 11am which is 6am in Maryland... so, please do pop on over to Ellen's blog to see her card... which is gorgeous. Thanks for looking.... TTFN..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hels x

16 comments:

Joanne said...

I love this card. Stampotique always make me smile so this one gave me a good chuckle.
x

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous card, I don't do cute, but I have to say, I likey this kind of cute. x

ellen vargo designs said...

Oh my WOW! Your card is simply stunning! No surprise really... your work is *always* stunning... but I love all the layers, and flowers, and yes, that IS ribbon... I LOVE our challenge thee projects too! And of course... Heart Throb... aDORable... Hugs, Els xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, not a fan of these stamps but you make it looks great!!

Helen said...

I love this - and you do cute so well! Like Ann says, I don't do cute (often) but I do love Stampotique cute....

My name is Cindy said...

Yet another awesome piece. I don't know, I think there is a nice fusion of cute and your signature grunge style here. The image is certainly not your stereotype cute. I'm wishing I had that stamp now because I have to make a card for my OH and that would be really useful. Oh well, it'll just have to be 'Happy Birthday' again.

Willy said...

What a beauty, Hels. Love it!

Micki said...

oh wow.... I love it. Love the colors :-)

Netty said...

You are having Way too much fun Hels......terrific card. Annette x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh woooow, this card is amazing! That little guy is perfect for any occasion lol ;))) Love the colour palette!
Ps. I've got it, I've got it!!! The parcel arrived today, yeeeey!!!! Thank you again for this lovely surprise :))
Lots of hugs xxx

Inge said...

Hello Hels,

I'm not into cute images, but I like these cute ones !

Love your complete composition of the card, the colorchoices, everything..

It's good you posted on ATT again : it reminds me to visit you. There are just so much blogs to visit and so less time : I'm always running behind...

I don't know if you remember us, but my friend Dorien and I are coming to the UK again in april : craftshow in Ally Pally.
I surely will be on the lookout of you and Jenny : hope Jenny already has some of Tim's new stuff he presents now in CHA...
I DO buy things anyway, so I prefer to spend my money at someones booth I know :)

see you later !
greetings from belgium
Inge

Unknown said...

Lovely card Hel's

Love Dawn xx

Colleen said...

Nice card!I like it so much.

Seattle Real Estate

Tracy Evans said...

Great card Hels and I agree with Joanne, Stampotique makes me smile too. I have also created a piece for The Sunday Stamper here. Enjoy your week. Tracy Evans x

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your card! Awesome!

craftimamma said...

This is really great Hels. Love the colours you both chose and Stampotique characters always bring a grin to my face. Your balloons are a great idea too. Fabulous card!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails