Tuesday 9 November 2010

Curiously Perfect...

...well I never, Monday crept up on and whizzed past while I was preoccupied with all things eBay (am getting rid of all my Tilda and cute stamps, I don't use them any more so why keep 'em LOL *ahem, plus the fact... sell old stash = ££ which in turn = new stash... mwahhahahahhaaaa!!!*) So, I spent Monday being all efficient and doing listings and when I finally realised the time it was Tuesday already... so what is all this waffle about days of the week? Well, it just so happens that every Monday there is a brand new theme on the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge... if you haven't heard of this phenomenon, please click HERE to be whisked off to Linda's blog where you can see all the deets you need and see the lovely prizes on offer too...




So, this week is one of my fave techniques and I just love the way the effects take place, like magic, when doused in a bit of water. And cos the name of the technique is Perfect Distress, I decided to make the actual tag imperfect, full of scuffed bits and looking rather worse for wear... like a juxtaposition between the "perfect" theme and the "imperfect style" Please don't worry, I am the real Hels typing all this and I haven't gone all philosophy-wotsit... I just like the word juxtaposition and like to drop it into sentences whenever I can LOL




So... do you like my Rosette??? I didn't want the Rosette to be solid cos this covers up half the techniquey bit, so I decided to pull the perferations apart to make the Rosette more flower like - I quite like it .. I could have done it neater but then it would be as shabby as I wanted... I embellished my tag with Idea-ology - lots of it, love Idea-ology (no? never? you would never have realised that wouldya? ROFL) and I popped a Ticket image into the Bracket Plate.



Right then, all this chattering about all things long wordy has me needing my bed... if you haven't seen the challenge before do head over to Linda's to see all about it - tis a FAB challenge! Oh and before I forget, all the stashy bits on my tag (including plain tags) are available from The Artistic Stamper. Can you hear that??? It's the sound of my hot water bottle calling my name... I had better go and keep it company :O)) Thanks for looking.. have a... FAB day! TTFN

Hels x

27 comments:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUS Hels!! Love it! Really like the way you used the rosette.

Art By Wanda said...

I LOVE the rosette!!! I noticed it right away and quickly clicked the pic for a closer look... way, WAY cool!!!! The whole tag is wonderful!!!

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely tag and all the Ideology bits always makes me want to go shopping! Hope your pain in the butt is getting better!!

Stamped Impressions said...

What a lovely tag! Great looking Rosette!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, great idea on the rosette. Will be trying that! Love the whole tag and you philosophy on it.

Lori said...

Gorgeous Hels!

Vic said...

Great tag! I just got my rosette die in the mail today, so I'll be try your method soon! I have to make a "normal" one first. LOL

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great tag, I absolutely adore your idea with the rosette.. genious! shall definitely be pinching that one! lol I really must get my hands in gear and do another challenge.. been a while..
Hugs xx

Daniele said...

wow this looks stunning, I love the rosette
hugs

Joanne said...

Crickey, even when you do imperfect it turns out perfect. That tag is worth a small fortune with all the bits you used. fabulous.
Luv Joanne xx

Juls said...

this is just fabulous! Hugs Juls

Karen said...

Great tag Hels.
Love what you have done with the rosette: True that it looks more like a flower split apart.
Hugs Karen

Nancy said...

Oooohhhhh...I love what you've done with the rosette! The tag's altogether great, but what you've done with the rosette - genius!

Morti said...

Lovely tag, m'dear.

Please can I have your ebay seller name so I can go and browse what goodies you may have? You never know, you may have a treasure I seek! And always happy to help out a fellow blogger!

whyducks said...

colours look really wonderful in this piece

Terry said...

Another fabulous work of art! Love this tag!

Anonymous said...

Hels, what an awesome tag you have created. The rosette is genius. For real!!
I am struggleing with pneumonia but seeing your tag has made my day and I'm going to make me one right now.
Thanks Hels!!
Love, Liz
Liz Walters

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag! I love what you did with the rosette, just brilliant!

Sherry Goodloe said...

As always . . . simply GORGEOUS!!

Maggie said...

Brill tag love it all can't wait for my rosette to arrive cos it looks fab as a flower - clever you!

Maggie

The Scrappy Tree said...

LOVING the effect behind the plate :) beautiful tag!!

Netty said...

Terrific Hels. x

Dorothy said...

Love This!!

Kim said...

Great tag! I really like the rosette this way. (not that I don't like it the other way, but, you know...)

Suzanne Bouchard said...

I love this tag. The metal and the rosette are nice on that stamped background.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours & design Hels! That rosette looks fab! xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hels, you brilliant girl, this is an absolutely ROCKIN' tag! The Perfect Distress is... well, perfect, and the steampunk-y metallics are FABULOUS! I love the way you grunged up the rosette-- it's shabby in the very best sense, and the Idea-ology bits just make it even cooler.

If Jules Verne were a papercrafter in the 21st century, this is the tag he'd attempt to make. It's genius. Well, actually, YOU are genius, and the tag is proof.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails