Saturday 31 July 2010

Alphabetty Birdy...

... teeeheee, I have been playing this morning with some inks and papers and stamps... you know, the usual stuff that makes me happy... and have altered another CD *mmm, this is getting a bit of an addiction LOL*... this time using Vintage Shabby papers to cover the CD and then inking and stamping onto them...I remember last time I did an altered CD a few peeps asked me what I used as glue... the answer is Claudine's Multi Medium... tis THE best for this type of thing as it sticks to most surfaces and is really smooth too... I apply it with a bit of Cut & Dry foam so that means I don't overload the surface...so no nasty bubbles :O))




I added some bits and bobs to the covered sides... Tim's Alterations - those are my favest thing of this year I think... I love the shabby flower that I build up to make a crysanthemum... it looks so good in loads of different colours...



The birdy, isn't he just soo cute... I have cut him out of Grungepaper and then inked with Pumice Stone *oh yes, that is another fave from this year LOL* and then used a Mini Alphabet stamp to decorate his body *hence the daft title to this post*




I made the hanger the same way as the others... Swivel Clasps... beads on thin sticky things with a bobble on the end... no idea what these are called but if you thread the bead/pearl on and twist the top over you get a little charm... I know jewellry makers out there are probably shaking their heads at my thickness... please put me out of my misery and tell me what they are called!! ROFL All the stashy bits I used are available from The Artistic Stamper.




So... have you been to see Jennie today??? You have got until midnight to be in with a chance of winning Blog Candy... all you have to do is answer a question.. now I could give you the answer cos I know it... ok, I will give you a hint... the answer is between 1 and 100 ... oooh, I am a meany aren't I? And, and, and, I am dead excited cos tomorrow see's the start of the brand new Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog... we launch at midnight and there is a challenge, with candy... speaking of which... the Sunday Stamper tomorrow has some candy up for grabs too... please do pop back tomorrow to see what the new theme is and all the deets... tis fabby candy, even if I do say so myself ;o)) Thanks for looking... what you up to today??? I am just about to make my Sunday Stamper entry and then I am going to listen to Alan Carr on Radio2 at 6pm... he is soooooooo funny, if you get chance to listen do tune in... anyways... am offski now.. don't forget to hop on over to Jennie's place! TTFN

Hels x

17 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Head pins sweetie ;o) Fab bit of CD altering, love the alpha birdy!

Sew This N That said...

Its awesome Hels! oh I wish I was as arty as you :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Minxy said...

Another super stunner, love the pretty dangle its suspended from.

Tracy Evans said...

I love the bird with the alphabet and that crown, yummy. I love that tattered floral die too and I can't wait to get my hand on some of the new one's too they are gorgeous. Probably going to have to sell my body to pay for it all LOL. Lovely piece of art Hels. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

bady bobbly thingy that has a bobble on the end????!!!!!! love it.. what you mean is a headpin perhaps? rofl.. love the swingy round thingy!!
xx

Fliss said...

This is really lovely Hels and congrats on your CS cover, my copy arrived today and your project is a real stunner so well done you!
Sorry I've been awol from Sunday Stampers, was really busy then managed to scratch my left eye so can't wear my contact lens till tomorrow and can't craft very well without it.
xx

Shazza said...

love this hels, gorgeous colours. Am popping off to see Jennie now, hope you having a good day
x

Anonymous said...

really like the soft colouring on this piece.

Martina said...

They are both spectacular! I'm glad I came by to see your work today!

Daniele said...

great altered CD Hels I love those flowers might have to invest in that sizzix die cut by Mr Holtz
hugs

Kathy Eddy said...

Love the cd's and that birdie is too sweet! Off to Jennie's now!

Helen said...

Stunning! Must do some of these sometime, have loads hanging around.

Anonymous said...

OOOh Hels! Make a off-matchy Alphabobby Birdy and you will have the bestess big earrings in the whole wide world!
Seriously though, you must make Tim very proud~ you rock his products!
Smiles, Erin Glee

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous!

Lucy x

cheryl said...

oh wow hun you are brilliant at altering cd's well anything really love cheryl xxxxx

whyducks said...

Great work Hels, I love the colours too! What am I up to, I am debossing on Claudine's sticky backed canvas (painted pink) with one hand while typing this with the other hand and thinking I should be in bed! Night night x

LisaVeronica said...

lovely

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails