Sunday 20 June 2010

Sunday Stamper - Week 108 - Metal Guru + Candy Winner :O))

Morning Stampers... apologies for the late posting of the new challenge... Mr Internet decided to go on strike last night and I had no connectivity at all...this morning it is soooooo slow, like Dial Up used to be, so I can't upload the pics of my entry at the moment, will keep trying!! Anyway... First an foremost... I have just gotten all the emails off the server and checked the comments on the post from last week to make sure I haven't missed anyone...and am not going to be a few mins while I get the winner picked (at random) from all the entries...don't forget, if you entered and linked, you get in twice :O)) Right, am back, all the names were entered into a bowl (haven't got a hat...) and the winner of my Birthday Candy Giveaway is...

CHRISSIE - Congrats to you.. please can you email me your addy so I can pop the candy into the post for you :O))




Right, on with the theme for this weeks challenge - which is METAL. To join in all you need to do is make a piece of art, add in the theme and some stamping, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your art so I can then pop and see you :O)) There isn't any point in me waffling on about how I made my entry cos you can't see it at the moment...still not enough oooomph to get the pics uploaded... I will be back! Later.... much much later!!! Honestly, all I wanted to do was upload a few pics and one thing and another gets in the way... like this which happened this morning... Grim is sitting in the living room watching... yep, you guessed it... football... I am up in my room trying to get this Sunday Stamper post done... when Grim comes up to tell me that Alfie has brought something into the kitchen... *I pause at this moment to tell you that AlfieCat is a VERY bad boy... yesterday morning I couldn't sleep so me and AlfieCat had an early morning coffee in the garden at 5am...and then he brought me a baby blackbird, like I really didn't need to see the poor thing clasped in his vice like chops... anyhow's, I managed to rescue said blackbird and all was well...* So I dreaded going to the kitchen to see what he had massacred... when it turns out he has brought home "Foxes"... you know, that ginger cat that is still...erm... intact in the boy region. Grim said that Foxes was sitting on the worktop, bold as brass! AlfieCat and Foxes have been sunbathing on the decking today... Foxes doesn't like me though... so when he cops sight of me he scarpers!




Here I am waffling on about cats when I should be telling you about the Sunday Stamper piece I made... using a 7Gypsies Printers Tray, filled with decorated bits of card, Grungepaper and metal... the embossing is using the new Texture Fades and the stamping is both PaperArtsy (HotPicks) and Tim Holtz collection.




The hearts are made with UTEE... the middle sized one I bought last week in a little shop in Whitby and made a mould with it... and the diddy one is a cookie cutter, although why anyone would want a cookie that small is beyond me ROFL I added on loads of Idea-ology bits, painting the Bracket with Trad Tan, sanding it and then using a photo image from the Lost & Found stack. The metal roses are made from the HotPicks plate - available HERE... I love those new Hot Picks... and am well chuffed that I have both now having had one for my birthday :O)) The UTEE heart that has wings behind it was made by melting Gold, Silver and Bronze UTEE in the Melt Pot and then drizzling into the mould...and I was ever so BRAVE... Mr Holtz says in his C of C book that he cut his Idea-ology wings with his Tonic Studio scissors...well, if Tim can do it, so can I ... so I did..and YES! It works and the scissors ain't damaged!



Right, the deets about how to join in are above (if you have gotten this far reading my babblings).. thanks for looking...oh and Happy Father's Day to all you chaps out there... AlfieCat was ever so clever and went and bought a card and a Tshirt for Grim...clever cat even wrote the card!!! TTFN

Hels x


Thanks for looking...TTFN

Hels x

46 comments:

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Congratulations Chrissie :-)
Will pop back later hun to see your wonderful creation - 'cos I know it will be :-)
Anne xx

Helen said...

Ooh, T Rex this week then! Can't wait to see your glorious metal creation later, hope your t'interweb sorts itself out soon - doncha hate it when that happens!
Congrats, Chrissie!

Ang C said...

Congratulations to Chrissie


Can't wait to see your creation Hels.


Here is my offering

Unknown said...

Congrats Chrissie. Can't wait to join in with the metal challenge this week, but still at my mum's so will have to wait a while.

T'internet was a tad slow last night, uploading all of my pics was a bit of a pain the bum!

Chrissie said...

Hi Hels
Thanks for pulling me out of the hat but I can't find a working e-mail for you so I don't know what to do

Chrissie xx

Nicks said...

Oh.. metal eh? Can I enter the card I blogged yesterday that I made for Fathers Day, or is that cheating? Its metal and its got stamping on... please Miss Please,
if not I will enter another project I have on the go, IF I get it finished... ohm, thats metal but no stamping B*****

http://nicksartystuff.blogspot.com/2010/06/happy-fathers-day.html

Girlsinthecraft said...

Congrats Chrissie! This week should be fun---I am really into metal at the moment. Can't wait to see your creation Hels!

crafty creations said...

Huge congrats to Chrissie - you lucky girl you !!!!

My metal piece is on my blog HERE

Thanks for looking

Rosa Forino said...

congratulazioni alla vincitrice e un saluto a te---

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

great piece, and oooh love metal so may well be back....
Hugs x

Lynn Stevens said...

Hels, You must spends cays working on your creation for Sunday! Well it looks that way anyway! Metal? I am so into this. I'll be bak later to join in! Thanks for your inspiration!
hugz Lynn

Lynn Stevens said...

That was spend days (note to self... check spelling before hitting send button!) LOL

Tini A. said...

WOW Hels! What a fantastic work! I love these "bits and pieces" creation.
Hugs Tini

judith@poppy cottage said...

I love those printers trays, and what you have done with it is fab. I must have a go at some UTEE hearts, cos they look lovely. It's always a worry what cats will bring in, I'd rather another cat than a mouse or a bird any day! Judith xx

Shazza said...

just gorgeous Hels
x

Linda M. Cain said...

LOVE it! I have a Printers Tray from 7 Gypsies and have yet to decorate it. Tossed some things at it and then stored it away for another day....

must do it shortly.

Linda

LivArtNow said...

Congratulations Chrissie :) Lucky you!! Here's my entry, and I can't wait to see what you've made Hels :)

Hugs,
Linda

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh I just love this. I saw the 7 gypsies tray the other but passed it up. I have to say that last week's collage was my first and I do think it will fit in my craft area. What do you do with all yours?

I am hoping to join you this week, just trying to figure out what I will do with the project when I complete it.

ellen vargo said...

Hi Hels! I hoped to participate in last week's NUMBERS theme but threw my back out... luckily, I was able to finish my project today and it has both numbers AND METAL --- so I'm covered. Hope you like!

http://1036art.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Congrats Chrissie
Beautiful creation Hels
here's my little offering
Mine
hugs Nikki C

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Wonderful creation hun, so much fab stuff to look at ;-)
I'm early this week :-) mine's here
Anne xxx

Anonymous said...

Another amazing piece of art Hels! x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Well done Chrissie = you lucky girl.

Hels this piece is simply stunning. The detail is amazing!

Lesley x

Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic Hels, so much detail, I love it all especially the hearts, metal and all the embellishments. It must have taken you ages. Have a great day. My challenge piece is , here

DonnaMundinger said...

This is seriously AMAZING! So glad the computer is back in business. Would have hated to miss this. I hope I have some time to play with some of my metal. You alsways inspire me so. xxD

Lori said...

Wow, this is over the top stellar! Love all the elements, love those UTEE pieces, and I'm thinkin' I really might have to get some HOT PICKS.....

Andrea said...

what an adorable bright, beautiful piece of artwork Hels, just love this and pleased to hear Alfie has made a friend xx

Hazel said...

Every time you amaze me with your crafting. My card is here x

Unknown said...

This is wonderful I haven't seen one of these trays I will have to keep a look out for one (very nce) and you have (as usual) don another FAB job

Love DAwn xx

KAT said...

Hels this piece is fab! Love all the details with the texture fades and the metal and all the UTEE melting going on.... Now I need to get one of these 7 Gypsy boxes....

Tracey said...

Fabulous piece Hels, have managed to join in this week and tis on me blog hun.
xx

Helen said...

Had to wait for some stash to arrive to be able to do my piece this week, and because I am already at work I don't have the clever linky thing so it's here
http://stampingbyh.blogspot.com/2010/06/woyww-today-my-sunday-stamper-challenge.html

I think I probably already came back to say, how fab your box is this week - I must get one of those printer trays. Yum.

Lori said...

Did I mention I really love this? Oh, I did.
Here's my entry

Maggie said...

Love your altered Printers Tray as always fantastic Art and great inspiration. Will have to have ago!
Here is my take on SS challenge

http://capricorncrafts.blogspot.com/2010/06/travel-tag.html

Maggie

lesleyanne said...

fab challenge this week Hels
mine is in my blog
lesley xx

Kate said...

Love your finished box. My Sunday Stamper entry is here.

Elaine said...

Love your printers tray and all the bits and pieces inside. I seriously need to find more time to play!! Here's my entry:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.com/2010/06/metal-aide-memoire.html

Anonymous said...

You keep coming up with the most extraordinary pieces! Wowzers!

Anonymous said...

Great challenge Hels! Here's my entry

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creation, great colours. Here is my entry thanks for looking. Anesha

Martha said...

I like this challenge with metal and your prject is simply beautiful!
Here is my entry http://alazyscrapper.blogspot.com/2010/06/metal-challenge.html

Fliss said...

Just fabulous artwork Hels and I love that tray, must investigate these soon.
Thought I wasn't going to get my entry done but finally did which is just as well considering what it's for!!!
You'll find it at http://stamperschef.blogspot.com/2010/06/anniversary.html
xx

Unknown said...

Hi Hells I have two entries in one post! I hope you like them! I gor my CS today could of swon yr work was in there this month, but it was some one else with a very similar stlye. love the metal work this month hun

Love Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Sorry it helps if I put the link in doesn't it? ha ha

here are my entry's

love Dawn xx

Janet said...

Love looking at your Sunday challenge's they are all so lovely.
This week i decided to enter' mine is on http://dash-paw.blogspot.com
hope your back is feeling better
Janet x

Claire said...

Oooooh Hels you are soooo clever, this is amazing!!!!!
My tag is here
Claire xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails