Thursday 10 June 2010

Mad Hatter Day With The Gingersnaps ...

... Guess what??? Today is Mad Hatter Day! I have to admit, I sat there scratching my head at first when Laura suggested that the Gingersnaps have a Blog Hop today ... sitting there thinking, "why is it Mad Hatter Day???" You have probably sussed it straight away but if you are like me and baffled... it is 10/6 today... which is the number in the Mad Hatters hat! *A useless bit of info that you probably know already but... did you know the reason why they called Hatters mad? Well, in days of olde hat makers used to use Mercury in the lining of the hat - which after prolonged exposure to, sends you mad in the head!!!! And, did you know that Luton was the hat making centre of the UK... I used to live in Luton, Grim is a proper Lutonian... speaks volumes eh??? ROFL*




Anyways... enough of me pretending to be the font of all knowledge... here we go with the Blog Hop and all the details you need to know :O)) WELCOME to the Gingersnap Creations' Mad Hatter Day Blog Hop... you have reached HOP STOP #3. The Gingers are celebrating Mad Hatter Day and we hope that you will hop along with us - there are some awesome pieces of art along the way to look at too :O)) If you are already hopping then you will have just arrived from Elina's Blog... if you have just arrived here, don't worry, the hop is in a loop, so you can start anywhere!




At each Hop Stop you will need to pick up a word, there are 10 stops in all...starting and ending at the Gingersnap Creations Blog, where you can see the goodies that are on offer and also all the info you will need to be able to enter the Mad Hatter Giveaway. When you have all your 10 words, unscramble them to make them into a quotation from the classic Alice in Wonderland.





Once you have your answer, email it to gingersnapcreations@gmail.com before 25th June '10. One lucky winner will be chosen at random to win the Mad Hatter Goody Package - the winner will then be announced on 29th June '10. If you visit all the stops, you will have 10 words and you should end up back at the Gingersnap Creations Blog.




If you get lost along the way, jump back to the Gingersnaps Blog, there is a route guide there for you... and... this is the important bit for you... my word is DESK. The next stop on your Hop will be at Jean's Blog....Good luck everyone, thank you for visiting me and I hope you like the little pieces of art I have made to celebrate this day :O)) *incase you were wondering... the fabby Mad Hatter stamp is a Mabel Lucie Attwell sketch and is available from The Artistic Stamper* TTFN peeps...good luck!!

Hels x

33 comments:

Lori said...

Love the card and the mad hatter piece, which i assume is UTEE. Love them!

Laura said...

Great fun! As ever! I am enjoying the hop! Sounds like a dance but I am not that energetic. Lol

Elaine A said...

Hi Hels -

Love your pieces of art on your blog today (well I always love your pieces)! How did you make the 3-D hatter head? That is just so gorgeous! And thanks for the history bit on why hatters are called mad. I did not know that and I love to collect little bits of trivia.

Elaine Allen

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous projects, Hels! Love that tea party scene, and that Hatter mould (which is sooooo Depp!!) is fabulous!

Terry said...

Very cool pieces and I enjoyed the info on hatters and can't wait to share!

Sid said...

Fab Mad Hatter creations Hels !

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, Hels, as always! That is one of my favourite stamps!

Lucy x

Lillian Child said...

Seriously "mad" in love with this hop!!!! Great art, Hels!

Sandy said...

OMG how cool are these ???
So wonderful old Alice card and great Mad Hatter creation. Your work rock hun. Love it.

Unknown said...

Really wonderful work Hels ... I just keep getting side tracked by all the wonderful art on all of your blogs and forgetting to record the word!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love Alice in Wonderland so these are right up my street. Think I need to buy me some more stamps. Love the artwork, only problem is it makes me want to spend yet again LOL. Have a good evening and hope the stomach is better now. Tracy Evans x

Helen said...

the Mad Hatter is fab!! Well, the whole thing is fab. Off to continue now, will come back later.

Electra said...

GREAT artwork!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Ya Hels, Thanks for the bit of information. I had no idea how the phrase "Mad as a Hatter" came to be!
Love your hatter mold, tis Awesome! and such a fun card too!

elina said...

Love your card! You have chosen very complementing colors and you have done an absolutely gorgeous job coloring it!!! bravo

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

oooh yours is so different to mine.. and do I recognise that mould??lol
hugs xx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Ooooh I love yor mad hatters and thanks a lot for explaining why they are called that. I don't really have a realtionship to Alice nor the Mad Hatter, so thank you!

Unknown said...

I recognise that Mad Hatter piece too - did you steal it!

Still looks fab and I love that stamp. Lovely as usual :)

Saskia said...

Gorgeous 3D Hatter, Hels. Love the background as well.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous Hels, and I just bought my copy of the Alice DVD and a visual guide TODAY! Must have been the Mad Hatter making me do that. Gorgeous card AND Utee piece. Now I must go hop from the start! xxD

Debby said...

Amazing pieces Hels. Everything you create is amazing. I dig that scene and the mold totally, to me. looks like Johnny Depp! Awesome!

Lynne Phelps said...

Hels, lovely trivia but you left out all the DEETS! We NEED the details, particularly the stamp for the first card and WHERE did that fab 3D mad head come from for the second card (ATC?) and of course, how'd you do that? Lovely lovely stuff, you are so creative!

Jana said...

Wonderful card. Love the 3-D mad hatter. Thanks for that info. I didn't know why they were mad before.

CuddlyBunny said...

Love your creations, especially that first one that is so reminiscent of the original (non-Disney) story.

creations by jackie said...

Gorgeous cards, how did you make the hatter look 3d? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for sharing your awesome artwork.

Anonymous said...

Both pieces are sensational, Hels! I love your style!

Karin said...

absolutely gorgeous but where can we find the mould for the mad hatter?

Unknown said...

Loving the mad hatter 3D mould so cool where do you find these things?

Love Dawn xx

trisha too said...

whooo, gotta love that Hatter!

:)

2amscrapper said...

I love your little pieces of art!

Amy said...

VERY Cute Alice stamp Hels..it's really gorgeous!

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous Makes, love the 3D Mad hatter bust. Kim

Create With Joy said...

Figures you'd have 2 great projects posted - WTG Hels!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails