Sunday 14 March 2010

Sunday Stampers - Week 95 - Bits & Pieces

Morning Stampers! and...Happy Mother's Day to all the UK Mummy's :O)) First of all, thank you very much everyone who joined in with the challenge last week...I did the Random.org jobby to pick a winner of the blog candy from last week... and the winner is...

Donna Mundinger - congrats to you - please can you email me your addy and I will pop the stamps into the post for you :O))

The theme this week is Bits & Pieces...anyone remember this old song??? Back to the 1960's and the Dave Clark 5 - so the theme is to use bits and pieces on your art - which pretty much means that you can use anything really :O)) To join in, all you need to do is make a piece of art, include the theme and some stamping, leave me a comment here with a link to the place you are showing your art...and then I can pop over and visit you.




I used lots of "bits" on my piece for today - the base is a wooden framed mirror, which I painted with Sable Claudine Hellmuth Studio paint, then used Timber Brown StaZon to stamp some scratches onto the frame.




While this was all drying I used some Fragments to make a collage over the entire frame surface...some of the Fragments were popped onto DooDad images and the rest were cardstock, coloured with Distress Inks and then stamped over...all of the stamps are from Mr T'Holtz's collection.





I used Superglue to stick the Fragments to the frame...and then rummaged through my junk boxes to find some odd bit and pieces to add to the frame...like the mini cameo which is bottom right hand side... and the 2 - which is, I think, from an army uniform number...I have a couple of these and they have ickle holes in them...which I figure is where they would have been stitched on.




I used a selection of Fragment shapes...and left some gaps between them so it didn't look too crowded on the frame for the end result. Again, another pain to take photo's of...why do I always make things that are so hard to get decent pics of....this time I didn't lay on the kitchen floor to get the pics though...I laid on the craft room floor instead...it has carpet so is warmer LOL I have to say....the pics are really rubbish...and this actually does look a lot nicer in real life...I think I will have to invest in a better camera...and take those photography lessons I so need :O))




Thanks for looking...have a great week...and I hope you have fun with this new theme...which will remain open until 23:00 Saturday March 20th 2010.

Hels x

34 comments:

Dan said...

Great theme again Hels, and stunning project from you! :)

My entry can be seen here!

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo! I'm so excited! Love the new challenge too. Fabulous project, Hels. Thank you so much! xxD

DonnaMundinger said...

Hi Hels, it's me again. I can't find where to email you about the prize so if you email me at dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com, I'll reply with my addy. Thanks again! xxD

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous piece and fabulous theme! I hope to be back to play later in the week! Right now, it's the house and all my crafty stuff that's in bits and pieces...sigh.

Heidi said...

this is wonderful, I want to do something like this but just need to focus on graduation and gifts until they are done. But I just love the TH goodies you used. I am so excited to be attending one of his classes in May. Yahoo!

2amscrapper said...

Had to laugh about you on the floor with your camera--that pretty much sums up how photography gets done at my place. Sometimes it takes longer to get a decent picture than it does to make the art piece! Stellar frame!

My name is Cindy said...

What a brilliant project, I love it when things that are all individually so different just seem to work together. Might try to knock something up this week if I get a chance but I think you have set the bar very high with this one!

Lynn Stevens said...

Hels it looks like all fun and games in your studio this week, well as far as your art goes anyway. Lovin it!

Anonymous said...

fab theme and project...might try and join in with this weeks challenge.

Lisa said...

Hi, I hope my entry qualifies!!! You can see it here- http://lisasparkleandstamps.blogspot.com/2010/03/stampotique-again-another-challenge.html

Helen said...

Gorgeous frame, Hels and I love the theme. Here is a tag I made

you can see it here (I hope)

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is stunning piece.
Wonderful work hun.

Unknown said...

That's beautiful so if the pics don't do it justice then it must be one mega stunning piece. Off to find some inspiration to see if I can produce something for your cahllenge.

Joanne said...

Here's mine Hels,
http://mytobyjug.blogspot.com/2010/03/bits-and-pieces.html
x

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely stunning. :)

Have a lovely day.xx

Andrea said...

what can I say thats all ready been said, what a great frame its all worked in great, this would look fab with an old fashioned photo in it Hels, just adorable xx

LivArtNow said...

What a fun theme and what a fantastic piece of art you've made :)) Here's my entry thanks for looking!!

Linda

Kay said...

Gorgeous work, as always, Hels. Spookily enough, I came on to blog a canvas I had made inspired by something of yours in Craft Stamper and saw the theme which fit perfectly so I get to play this week, woo-hoo here is my effort

Rosie said...

Delicious work - is that an Ikea mirror? I've got one of them around here somewhere .....

Unknown said...

I finally think my mojo is back to stay so I might be able to get addicted to this challenge malarky. Here's my entry:

http://dallyingdebz.blogspot.com/2010/03/playing-around-with-bits-and-pieces.html

Artyjen said...

Love it..love it...love it! Love how all the bits & pieces just look as if they were meant to be.......gorgeous :)
xoxo

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh Hels, this is over the top fabulous!! So much fun to look at, and so artistic and gorgeous. You're amazing, girl!

Angelnorth said...

Fab stuff, love the different shapes and images going on here!

Lorraine said...

like all the bits and pieces on this nice colours and textures

Laura said...

Fantastic piece! as ever and a very creative theme. Hope time allows me to join in your playground.

Scrapmate said...

What an utterly fantabulous piece this is!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Congratulations Donna, lucky you ;)
Wonderful item hun ;) love the scratchy stamp. Mine's done now and is here
Anne xx

Lorraine said...

had a go at a steampunk style box http://loveofcollage.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-take-on-steampunkfamm-embellishment.html

Minxy said...

Mines all done and can be seen HERE

Love your piece Helly welly xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Thank you for the challenge, yours is just brill! Mine is Here

Anonymous said...

Your mirror is fabulous & vintage looking Hels! love it!
There's a few 'bits & pieces' over on My Blog

Fliss said...

Just love your frame Hels and all the bits work so well together.
I really enjoyed getting out my bits box (I'm a bit of a hoarder you see and keep things just in case lol).
You'll find my creation at:
http://stamperschef.blogspot.com/2010/03/laugh-sunday-stampers-bits-and-pieces.html
Thanks for the challenge.
x

Hazel said...

Your crafting is so beautiful, inventive and inspiring - my bits and pieces could never come anywhere near your standard - I so admire your work - but my card is here x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Your piece is just yummy GF! Here I am, burning the midnite oil:

http://iwork4stamps2.blogspot.com/2010/03/bits-pieces-steampunk.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails