Monday 15 February 2010

Wun Wabbit, Wun Wabbit....

...Oh how I have longed to be able to say Wabbit out loud! I may even be daring and say...Waskally Wabbits *just me then*LOL So, over on the Play Date Cafe Challenge the new theme this week is to use Red, Lavendar and Silver on your entry;




I was sitting here this evening, hopping about Blogland, as you do...when all of a sudden I was hit with the urge to get my Melt Pot out and play with some beeswax. And...this time I have been more careful and only burnt the side of my hand on the tag I was melting the wax onto...no clothing calamaties this time ROFL Now, when I saw the new Tim Holtz collection stamps one of the first ones I said I wouldn't get was the one with the Wabbit..cos I didn't think I would ever use the stamp. Time to eat my words now...I loved the backgrounds and the butterfly so thought that I could use the sheet anyways...and guess what? The very first stamp I have used is the blinking Wabbit! He is sooooo cute in real rubber and pics on the screen just don't do him justice. I can see he is going to be a fave of mine from now on...plus I can say Wabbit loads of times too!




The tag was cut from Mountboard...wanting something sturdy to apply the beeswax onto gave me this idea - it is 6" x 3" so the normal size I would use anyway. I applied a few smudges of Trad Tan paint to the tag surface using Cut & Dry and then added Dusty Concord and Fired Brick over the top...blending them as I went...and then did some background stamping using the foliage and schwirls from the Wabbit sheet (Spring Sprung to give it it's proper name) ...using Silver Dabber to make the impressions.




I then stamped Wabbit and coloured him with Pro Markers and then painted beeswax over the top of the whole tag... buffing to make it nice and polished once it had cooled. The butterflies were made in the same way...adding some more beeswax once the wings had been curled just to set them so. I added some black StaZon around the edges, adding a few schwirls in black to make it contrast and then finally, I added a sentiment from Wendy Vecchi and some micro beads to the Wabbit tail and the butterfly bodies.





Thanks for looking...have a FAB week...I am going to be sorting out the draw for the OWOH event later on...and will be posting the winners on here too :O))

Hels x

21 comments:

Dan said...

Lovely tag Hels, and the Wabbit looks gweat! :)

Sandy said...

Oh wow this Tag is lovely.
Amazing stamps and perfect work. Love them.

Helen said...

Ah, cute wabbit - I didn't like it much when I saw it at first either....great tag.

Heavens2Betsy said...

I'm not a fan of cute but this rabbit has appeal now that I've seen how you've used him Hels. Great tag!

Diane.W. said...

This is sooo luvly!!! I like Alice in Wonderland stuff & this rabbit is fab :o)x

Joanne said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. xx

Ann said...

Hels I'm just wuvving what you've done with the wabbit :0) Gorgeous tag, might be one of those must have stamps too!! xx

Denize said...

Absolutely fabby Hels. :-)

brandi said...

~there is a commercial out and its elmer fudd saying wabbit over and over and the director keeps trying to correct him...my littlest has found this to be the funniest ever...so everything is wa instead of ra at the moment...your tags are very sweet...brightest blessings~

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fabby tag Hels ;) Love the wabbit :)
Anne xx

Andrea said...

see never say never when you say you do not want a stamp, you should know by now that you will use it, love the tag you have made Hels very adorable xx

Shazza said...

tis a fab Wabbit
x

Unknown said...

cwoot wabbit - gweat tag :0)

Lori said...

Gweat tag, Hels! You wascally wabbit, (couldn't resist) lol

Unknown said...

Oh my word - its lovely - and doesn't beeswax smell nice - I could sniff it all day!

craftimamma said...

This tag is great Hels. Thanks for sharing how you did it!

Lesley Xx

Julie Ranae said...

I LOVE how the ideas just 'pop' into your head when it comes to challenges....this is so unique and the colors worked really well for it.

cheryl said...

OH WOW these are great love the beeswax effect and that rabbit too hugs cheryl xxxx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Your Wonky Wabbit is kewl, what fun!

TinaB said...

Fab tag Hels xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic use of the colors! Another winner, Hels!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails