Monday 9 November 2009

It's All Salvage....

....Actually, most of it is! I saw that Tim (!) Holtz has recently been using his Salvage Stickers to make a piece of art...link HERE...but...*intake of breath* he used Grungeboard to pop them onto...now, seemingly, this is a fab idea, definition, height, depth etc ...but...I am waaaay too stingy with my stash to use Grungeboard in such a manner, so I used mountboard, free from the framing shop, to stick my Salvage...er, stickers to :O))




I used a bigger piece of mountboard as a base...you know what is coming next don't you? I made a hangy piece! Just for a change!! And, by sticking the Salvage stickers to mountboard and then making then different heights using 3D foam, I could get some depth and definition this way. Some of the stickers are just plain, some have Crackle Accents on and some have Glossy Accents on. I did the same as Tim did with his stickers, sanding and inking around the edges but I used Brushed Corduroy to colour the edges and then just went around with the sander again after to reveal paler bits.




The base was inked with Distress Inks and then had a variety of Tim Holtz collection stamps popped on...with more Distress Ink. I added a few Idea-ology bits and then a little bottle filled with beads. The hangy bit is more Idea-ology in the form of the chain...and...even better...all of the products I used on this piece are readily available from The Artistic Stamper :O))

Thanks for looking...have a good day

Hels x

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Yeah this rock. Fantastic piece Hels. Love them.

Hearts Turned said...

This is so cool, Hels! I need some better distressing skills!

Unknown said...

Fabulous piece Hels XXX

Andrea said...

this has turned out fab Hels and so would I of been stingy to xx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just luvin' this hangie thingie GF! Great project!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous work Hels :)
Anne xx

Lorraine said...

I like this as it looks like the letters are floating..you are right about the grungeboard though..dont want to waste it do we!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine a cooler hanging! Awesome!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love this piece :)
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails