Friday 6 November 2009

Ink Outside The Box...

...and on a tag! Another of the things I made this week...using more of those brilliant stamps by Wendy Vecchi and some Distress inky techniques.




I read through Wendy's book the other night and saw a FAB technique she has written about...basically, swiping colours of Distress Inks over a craft mat, spritzing with water and then dabbing the stamp into the inkyness...and then stamping onto your art...WOW, the result is a brilliant smudgy kind of bleeding look to the image...you have to try it! It is AMAZING!!! **click on the pic to enlarge, you will be able to see what I am waffling on about LOL*


The stamps are all available from The Stamp Attic...I have managed to get hold of the full set now...and...there are new designs coming in the New Year!!! Yah!!!


Thanks for looking...have a great Saturday!

Hels x

13 comments:

Andrea said...

seen this being made to and again its beautiful in the flesh, fab art as ever Hels xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks hun xx

Anonymous said...

Nice technique Hels, I like the sound of 'inky mess', my kinda mess lol

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous tag!!!

Nancy said...

Very pretty! I love that technique ... it's always fun!

TinaB said...

Great stuff Hels xx love the tag xx

Anke said...

Wonderful tag Hels, I love the colors and the bird.

Hugs
Anke

Sandy said...

Wow Hels this is just incredible.
Realy gorgeous. Love them.

Effie said...

Looks fab.. love your bright colours!

Helen said...

I love to ink my tags this way, too. I love your tag, its fab! Am waiting for some more WV stamps to come in the post - yay!! Can't wait to see the new designs she comes up with...

Heavenly Anarchist said...

gorgeous! must get the book.

Unknown said...

Lovely tag Hels XXX

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just the best, colors are great too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails