Wednesday 7 October 2009

Harvest Blessings

...Over on the Gingersnap Creations blog there is a brand new challenge today...and the theme is Harvest. This is one that I just knew I wouldn't be able to join in with as I haven't anything harvesty in my stash...until I saw Wendy Vecchi had used a fab flower stamp and turned it into a pumpkin!

Here is the card I made...using Wendy's inspiration :O))




The background was created using a couple of Studio 490 stamps, I made a little frame from Maya Road and covered the words, which are from Cornish Heritage Farms, with Rock Candy Stickles.




The pumpkin is made from Grungepaper, stamping the image three times and then cutting in to each one to layer them up. The little birdy is a Maya Road mini shape. The colours on this card are Old Paper and Spiced Marmalade.

Thanks for looking!

Hels x

15 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one scrummy harvest card ... LOVE your WV pumpkin and the colours are just perfick X

slbt17 said...

nice job!
Sandra

Lucy Edmondson said...

This great. Love the pumpkin,

Lucy x

Angelnorth said...

Very creative with the pumpkin, looks great!

Art By Wanda said...

Looks great!!!!

Anonymous said...

a wonderful card...very creative

Andrea said...

Harvest is one hard subject to make a card, you have done one to perfections, its looking super Hels xx

Sandy said...

Wow this is brilliant.
Fantastic work and colors. Love them.

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh you clever clever girl, who would have thunk it! A pumpkin made from a flower, Wonderfully done Hels!

Carol said...

Really lovely card, beautiful colours!

Carol x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

love the colours.. need to make something.. getting withdrawl symptoms! lol
xx

Papier Creatif said...

Hiya Hels!!

Luv it! Luv it! Luv it!

Tooo cute! I've seen so many cute harvest & halloween cards. Maybe because they are kinda different in that you don't typically receive these. I think I like looking at greeting cards because I feel like I'm the one *receiving* it!

Thanks for sharing, Hels ... it's adorable.

{xoxo} Juls~

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now, that's clever - turning a flower into a pumpkin! That's awesome Hels! Love all the fun layers (do I say that every time - I mean it EVERY TIME).

huggles,
Shar

Debby said...

Well you clever smart intelligent beautiful awesome gal! Love this and so funny. Just the other day I was admiring those stamps. I had no idear they were yours. Yippee. I got a 15% off coupie today from them. I'm off to purhcase :-)

stampingtink said...

What a great idea! Love the colors and it's very harvesty looking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails