Friday 30 October 2009

Arch ... De Triumph?

...well, it is a triumph for me anyway...because I was totally out of my little, albeit cosy, comfort zone when I made this archy book...and why did I put myself thru the stress of doing something completely different???? Because, I was a lucky lass and was taking part in the Artsy Crafts weekend and this was one of the projects...actually, it was the final project of the weekend and I am sure the others on my table would back me up, I was stressing big time!! LOL




First off, I never would have thought of using paint to create a background on cardstock...I would have used inks...paint is messy ... but...I am totally sold! I just love the texture that is created...the paints are Kaisercraft acrylics and are so smooth and yum to work with. Applying paint with a piece of Cut & Dry would never have crossed this "stuck in the rut" crafty mind of mine.




Secondly, actually getting a concertina of card was an ordeal...please don't laugh at me when I admit that...I made a complete fool of myself ... didn't follow the instructions properly...I ended up cutting too much and getting in a muddle...thankfully, my friends on said table didn't laugh at me...much ;o))




Thirdly, the colours! I was on the "Autumn" table and Raw Sienna is a colour I have never used...so that kinda put me out of the comfort zone too...the stamps, however, are a dream to work with...I just love those crazy birdies...they are all by Paper Artsy from the Ding & Dong collection BTW




However!!!!!!! Look at the amazing pieces of art I managed to make...totally copying every single element on the instruction sheet and leaving nothing to chance, once I had completed this piece I was chuffed with it...and ... I quite like Raw Sienna now, it is kind of orangey which is a good colour for me.




All in all...and I hate to admit this...but getting out of a comfort zone is a good thing to do...I learned loads and made some really nice pieces....so a huge thank you to Lin & Leandra for another brilliant class :O)) Thanks for looking...I am off to get back into the comfortable place that is the Room of Stash and have a bit of a crafty day...tis chilly outside and the dusting can wait til later LOL

Oh and I am entering this piece for the Play Date Cafe Challenge...which is oranges and yellows this week :O)) Fab challenge site and well worth a visit !

Hels x

24 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow Hels this is incredible.
Fantastic design and work. Love them.

Have a great weekend.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

snap! just blogged mine, and yours is sooo much better! Hugs
xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous - I want those stamps !!!!!

Andrea said...

Hels your arch book has turned out just great and love what you done to the bird, stop worrying your art rocks xx

Anonymous said...

a wonderful piece and worth the hassle!

Angelnorth said...

Great screen - pushing the comfort zone every now and again has to be a good idea, I reckon!

Effie said...

It's great to get out of that comfy box occassionally!
Fab!

Nancy said...

This is beautiful! Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone. ;o) I've not heard of Kaisercraft acrylics - I'll have to check them out. I've used Golden & others - can't have too much stash, right?

Helen said...

For someone who says she is out of her comfort zone, this is superb! I have GOT to go next year!

Tinkertaylor said...

Be proud that you stepped outside the box and created this beautiful art. well done love the colour too

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous project! Well worth the time and effort! xxD

CFLanger said...

Ooh I love this! You may have found a new comfort zone, huh? Beautiful work!

Sarah Anderson said...

That's it now, you've stepped over to the dark side ;) Paint, I love it!!! And love what you did with the colours on this arch book; thanks for entering it in play date cafe :)

Anne Jagger said...

Ooo it's lovely. x

Carole Beath said...

What a cute project.... I love that style. I too love Altered Books and for so many years I was with a group who met once a month. I have a rolling cabinet full of goodies for Altered Books and I have 9 "incomplete" projects. I must get back to those someday. Love your blog...
Carole

Lynn said...

This is fantastic, I am so glad you had a go at going outside your comfort zone, I find we really do learn a lot this way :)

Julie Ranae said...

This is beautiful, Hels! I am so glad to see one of my Artistic Stampers mates play in The Play Date Cafe Challenge!

So glad to have you!

Better get over to the blog and see Jennie's now!

Lynn Stevens said...

Well look at you! I'd say getting out of your comfort zone really agrees with you! Yes paint IS messy, you should see me after work LOL (covered in it). Love the raw and burnt siennas. I hope to see more of this in you fab creations! Its Awesome Hels!!!!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

'Tis fabby hun :)
Anne xx (have uploaded my entires for 2 weeks Sunday Stampers now)

TinaB said...

it is fabby!!! love it xxxx

*Alison* said...

This is so wonderful.. I LOVE what you have done here.. great use of the challenge..

thanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe.. I hope you will come back for MY color challenge :)

I have some free Digi Stamps on my blog too..
www.stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com

Hearts Turned said...

Hey, Hels! I love your work! Beautiful collage-style with lovely layering...This is a wonderful arched creation--never done one like this--may have to, now! I'm your newest follower so I can keep checking on your new projects!

Joy said...

Clucking wonderful Hels xx

Loulabelle said...

Really love this, great shape, colours and stamping. I like!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails