Sunday 13 September 2009

Sunday Stamper - Week 70 - Ticket To Ride ... Plus Candy Winner

Morning Stampers,

Blimey, I have missed you all!! I managed to get away for a week in the sunshine and even tho I had scheduled the Blog to post for me, it just isn't the same as doing it each day and reading all your lovely comments...which are, as ever, very gratefully received :O))

Thank you to all of you who supported the last challenge - and wow, so many gorgeous pieces of art to look at.

The winner of the Blog Candy giveaway has been chosen at random, using Random.org and the winner is:

Carolands

Congrats hun, please email your addy to me and I will pop your goodies into the post :O))

Continuing with the Beatles songtitles, the theme this week is Tickets - however, you can also incorporate something to do with Journey's too, as I know not everyone will have tickets :O))

I altered a really cool board box frame that Andrea had given me as a pressie...it is about 10" with a centre of about 7" square. As usual, my photography is letting me down as you can't really see the texture on the frame...please feel free to use your imaginations!!!




I made a patchwork for the middle, blending Distress Inks and stamping with Tim Holtz collection stamps.




The frame was coloured with buff titanium paint and then had Cracklepaint added, blending Distress Inks and then spritzing Glimmer Mists to achieve an aged look. I added a few bits of Idea-ology, made a Grungepaper rose and decorated it with the new Artistic Stamper background stamps and then pinned a bit off an old earring to the top as a dangly bit!




To join in with the challenge, all you need to do is make a piece of art, incorporate the theme and some stamping and then leave me a post to where you are showing it ... then I can come and gaze adoringingly at your creation and be inspired to make more art myself :O))

Thanks for looking, have a great day.....

Hels x

24 comments:

shaz earl said...

Ooooh very nice!!! lovely work again Hels Hmmm think i have a ticket somewhere... off to mooch xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Have lots of tickets.. just have to find time to make something :)
Love your frame.. inspiring
Hugs xx

Helen said...

Hels, I love what you id to that frame - which is gorgeous in itself. I hope to have a go at the challenge.

Juls said...

wow!! Amazing!!

Craftyideas said...

Gorgeous love it off to find some tickets and will be back later

Joy said...

Ooh loverly Hels got some tickets somewhere!! xx

Unknown said...

Boo fuls ... that is my fave jelly baby by the way and I love this more than I love my fave jelly baby X

Ang C said...

You have made a gorgeous frame.

I have made a card for this weeks challenge.

You can find it here.

Princess of glitter said...

What a fantastic piece of ART!! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Craftyideas said...

Love your frame Hels -have made a tag and put it on my blog.

Tracey said...

Fabby, dabby do Hels even think I have som TH tickets somewhere
xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone :O))

Carol said...

Thank you very much for the blog candy. Didn't get to log in yesterday as we were cleaning carpets :( I feel like I've won the lottery, lol.

I love this piece of art.

Carol x

Anonymous said...

Very yummy! Love the colours! :o) xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous work of art Hels ;-) My offering is done now and is here

Helen said...

Well, I dug out the ticket I was thinking of, my entry is (I still can't work out how to insert a link into the comment box!!) at - stampingbyh.blogspot.com

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone and thanks to Anne and Helen for joinin in too x

Papier Creatif said...

Hiya Hels!

I don't know how I missed this post of yours! But WOW wish I had been the Winner!!! This is very cool. Lucky you get to play with Tim Holtz stuff -- and I mean that very innocently ;)

Juls~

Andrea said...

seen this in the flesh and its just the most stunning piece of art and that frame looks way far better than when I gave it you, see I knew you were the person who could do anything and you have made a brilliant job with this, love it xx

Andrea said...

WOO HOO I have managed the challenge this week and its now on my blog xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks again and thank you to Andrea for joinin in ... fab! x

Anonymous said...

My entry is on me blog! xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

I finally made something! and it is on my blog! thank you for the challenge
xx

shaz earl said...

Heres my effort

HERE

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails