Saturday 29 August 2009

Ta Dah!!!! **Doing a Happy Dance**

Morning peeps....

With a bit of luck this post will upload at 5.01GMT/BST....to coincide with a special announcement that is being made on Gingersnap Creations Blog.

Oh I am soooo excited! I am very honoured to be able to tell you that I have been chosen to be on the new Design Team for the Gingersnap Creations group.....hence the happy dance! I am in very good company too, with some incredibly talented crafters...if you click on the link above you will be able to see who else has been chosen too. Shar and Ali have done a fantastic "news" style announcement...and you just gotta look at what they did for us... here is the one for me...it is hilarious and so true!!



Because of all this excitement I just had to get my fingers well and truly inky and I have actually finished a project I have had sketched for months :O)) My clever mate Dan kindly gave me a shadow box to alter....ages ago...and whilst I knew what I wanted to do, I just hadn't got around to it.




I sanded the box all over to get rid of the cornery edgey bits and painted it all over with Claudine Hellmuth's Traditional Tan (er...yes, that one again!!) Once this was dried I used Old Paper Cracklepaint and splodged it randomly onto a couple of the corners. To get the colour on the frame I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink and Walnut Gold Glimmer Mists, heating to set inbetween each spritz. Finally, I used some gold wax and rubbed this over the frame and into the crackles. As usual with my pics, they don't pick up the proper colour I have managed to get on the frame...looks better in the "flesh"




For the centre of the box, I cut a piece of card to fit and then cut it into small pieces to make a template for my stamping. Each piece was then coloured with a combo of Old Paper, Fired Brick and Walnut Stain Distress Inks, blended with Cut & Dry foam. All of the stamping was done using Tim Holtz collection stamps from Stampers Anonymous and I used Walnut Stain to do this. Most of the images are from the "mini" sets.




Finally, I added some chipboard, fragments, Idea-ology metal bits, a little glass vial and a teensy mustard spoon which I had altered with Precious metal paint and added beads.




Thanks for looking...and have a great day! I am off to carry on with my happy dance LOL

Hels x

24 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous project, Hels!! Love all the special details :)

Lynn Stevens said...

I,m so lovin this Hels and your word splodgy just cracks me up! I think you should have your own dictonary of the best creative words around! LOL

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Congratulations!xx

shaz earl said...

Fantastic Hels congratulations to you xxx

Tinkertaylor said...

OMG this is fantastic, talent like this derserves to be recognised so pleased that Gingersnap have done so. Congratulations.

Joy said...

Brilliant! Congratulations Hels xx

Craftyideas said...

Congratulations Hels -love your blog it is an inspiration xx

Dan said...

Congrats Hels!! And beautiful project too! :)

Minxy said...

Aw well done honey, so pleased for you, long may you be inky and mucky xxx

Chris said...

Congratulations Hels! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I've just seen the team list on Gingersnap and it looks fantastic.

As for your shadow box, does it need a home by any chance? lol

Shazza said...

HUGE CONGRATS to you Hels and thoroughly deserved as well!! Love the shadow box, tis fabulous. Enjoy your dancing
hugs
xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone...am still dancing LOL

Lucy Edmondson said...

I am so chuffed for you, Hels! Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

And you have celebrated with posting this amazing shadow box - it is one of the most beautiful things I have seen of yours, and that is saying a lot,

well done,

Lucy x

elina said...

I am so happy I will be working with you!! And WOW!!! Your frame is fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Hels and fabulous work on the shadow box X

Ann said...

Beautiful Hels & I'm doing a Happy Dance too - well done Mrs :-))
Congratulations ((Hugs)) xxx

Andrea said...

just adore this Hels and a huge well done, truely deserved and the shadow box is just stunning, now to get you and Linda on a team that invoves Wendy stamps :-) as you both have a talent with them stamps xx of course all the stamps you use shows your talent to xx

kerry said...

brilliant--very well done.
Gingersnap have great taste :-)
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Another fabulous project, Hels! We are so happy you joined us on the Gingersnap Creations team!

Anonymous said...

yay congrats...looking forward to working with you and the other fab artists on this new DT!

Suzie said...

Congratulations on becoming DT member for Gingersnaps. All you ladies are incredible talented and have so much to offer the group. Look forward to all your creations.

Artyjen said...

Congratulations!....love the project the colours are fab. Will pop over to Gingersnap to take a peek.
xoxo

Gerrie Johnnic said...

And I just love this one too! Move over Tim, Hels is comin' in first place!

jo said...

Oh Wow!!! Just blog-hopping and came across your blog for the first time.

I love this project - fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails