Tuesday 7 July 2009

Hanging Art - Dream Dreams Studio 490 Style

Morning!

Here is another piece of "hanging art" that I made using Studio 490 stamps by Wendy Vecchi...yes, those stamps....again! :O)) I told you I was completely addicted to them LOL




I used a piece of mountboard for the base and used Faded Jeans Cracklepaint on a couple of the corners. Once this had dried, I used Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans Distress Inks to colour the board and then highlighted the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Inks. To make the piece look a bit shabby and old, I splattered it with water, making those lovely little pale splotchy patches and then used a sanding block (yes, I have one of the Tim ones....told you I was an addict!) to distress the edges of the board and used my fingernails to pick at a corner to make it curl up.




Next came the stamping, starting with a dotty background, stamped in Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then I used my Slice to cut some mini tags, the letters to make the word Dream and also the little heart cut out.

I used my 'Bug to cut out the labels for the main sentiment to sit on, embossing the back one with the distressed lines folder.




For a change, I used cardstock to stamp onto to make the flower and curl embellies and to add a little bit of decoration to the main sentiment mat, I used a couple of Tim Holtz collection stamps.




I placed all the bits onto the board and stuck them with Glossy Accents and added a few brads and a little flower from the Idea-ology range to the stamped flower. Finally, I popped a few dots of Distress Stickles in the same colours as the inks, just to emphasise the images.

All of the inks and Stickles I used on this, along with the Idea-ology stuff is available from The Artistic Stamper.....Thanks for looking!

Hels x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful piece of 'hanging art' Hels! xx

Lorraine said...

this is marvellous..love all the colours and textures

Andrea said...

just stunning and lots of fab detail xx

Shazza said...

I love the colours on this, wish I could produce something so gorgeous
x

Minxy said...

You've gone and done it again, sneeked another load of wonderful creations on your blog while i wasn't looking, i can't keep up, but it's nice to see you getting back on tip top crafting form xxx

Angelnorth said...

You've been busy! Love this one, all the detail is fab but aren't you running out of wall space by now?!

Ann said...

WOW Stunning piece of work Hels, I love all the different elements, just gorgeous xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails