I altered a tag using Adirondack inks for a change...don't get me wrong, I looove my Distress Inks but the colours are a bit drab and as it was sunny in my room of stash, I felt in a bright mood.
I used yellow to cover the whole tag and then used a little mask from the Tim Holtz range, covering one corner. I used Wild Plum and Sunset Orange to get the bright colours and then removed the mask and chucked some water over the tag...giving it a bit of a splotchy look.
After drying with the heatgun, I set it aside and painted some Grungeboard and Grungepaper with Adirondack Dabbers in a mix of yellow and Wild Plum with a dash of white to dilute the colour. Once this had dried, I used some Tim Holtz stamps, using Versafine to stamp the letters onto the Grungepaper and the bird onto Grungeboard.
Once these were cut out, I attached them to the tag and then tied some ribbon thru the hole in the top. I added a little pin with a metal charm from the Idea-ology range and then used a mixture of orange and pink Distress Stickles to cover the letters.
Thanks for looking :O))
Tuesday, 26 May 2009