Thursday 23 April 2009

Inky Tags - Decorated ... Part 3

Hey Peeps,

Hope you all having a good day, the sun is shining here in Luton and it seems that Spring is finally here....we have heavenly blossoms on the cherry trees and the birds are all rushing around making their nests. I have just sat and watched a Wren flitting from the ivy to behind the shed, beak full of old leaves ... I guess I have the priviledge of having a Wren nesting again this year.

Enough waffle about the weather ... well it is typically English and seeing as it is St. Georges Day today, I guess I can be excused!!

If you recall, last week I faffed about with some inks to make backgrounds for tags. Today I have two more tags to show you that I decorated ... I did the decorating last week though....bad news again about my health ... apparently, I now have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have been ordered to rest...well, Blogging is kind of resting but no crafting for me for a while. I am feeling really grotty anyway and yesterday I spent only 4 hours awake!!! Yikes, I must be bad to sleep for that long!

Here is a link to the original post about the inky backgrounds if you missed it the first time.

Here are the tags ... I must stop waffling on and getting sidetracked! :O))

Tag 5



I just love this Tim Holtz stamp....the skull is so cool - I remember saying that I would never use it when the collection first came out....er, mmm, well, I was wrong cos I use it all the time! The little skull is a Grungeboard shape, painted black and then little buttons for the eyes, which were altered with gold Krylon pen. The scroll is another piece of Grungeboard and I have used Distress Inks to colour and then Distress Stickles to add a bit of bling.


If you remember, I set myself some really strict guidelines when I decorated the tags....only allowed to use Tim Holtz stamps, products etc....how easy, cos there are so many different goodies out there so I have really enjoyed decorating and just sticking to one style.


Tag 6



More Tim stamps and more Grungeboard shapes for this tag....painting the Grungeboard before stamping and then fixing to the tag using silicone glue.




I have really loved doing these tags. I have four more bases to decorate but not sure when this will be as I really am dog tired!

Thanks for looking and hope to see you back soon....BTW, the Sunday Stamper will still be open and a new challenge will be set on Sunday, I may just not be able to join in :O((

Hels x

13 comments:

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks! :O)

Joy said...

Hi Hels these tags are gorgeous I love the pinky inky one with the butteflies best, it's stunning. Now, remember to get some rest and take it easy
hugs Joy xxx

Shazza said...

gorgeous tags Hels and big, big hugs to you
x

shaz earl said...

Super tags Hels xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw thanks peeps xx

June said...

Fantastic tag works here Hels. Loving them all and your work is always so beautiful
Hugs June x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

I'm loving all the tags Hels ;) I know what you mean about the skull thingy. They seemed to be EVERYWHERE even on clothing for little girls and I thought I wouldn't get into it. But now I'm looking for a skull stamp LOL - well if you can't beat 'em join 'em LOL. They're just so popular
Anne xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Cool tags :) Hope you are resting!
xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone...and yes, I am still resting...and bored...hugs x

Sue said...

Gorgeous tags, sorry to hear you're not so well, I hadn't realised you have had to give up work. Try and rest (I know it's boring but you gotta do it) xx

lesleyanne said...

lovly tags Hels
look after yourself
xx

Minxy said...

Super inky gorgous xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails