Saturday, 14 March 2009

Objet D'Art - Hanging Altered Art - Photograph

Evening,

Finally, the old Mojo decided to come home today - so, by the skin of my teeth I have been able to enter the Objet D'Art challenge which finishes at 7pm tonight when a new challenge will be set! Cutting it fine eh?

The challenge was to alter a photograph. I have slightly cheated because I used rub ons of photo's rather than real ones - but I think that these are so lovely that they will be ok to enter :O))




I started off by cutting a fairly large piece of mountboard and adding a little bit of Gesso in patches, using a palette knife. Once this had dried, I coloured the mountboard with Distress Inks and then did a little bit of stamping on the edges and corners, the stamps used are from the Tim Holtz Collection by Stampers Anon.




I took some Cosmo Cricket paper and roughly tore a couple of co-ordinating pieces. I used some Coredinations cardstock, running it through the Cuttlebug using a paisley embossing folder and then cutting out a frame shape using Nestabilities. I ran a chalk ink pad over the embossed area of the frame to highlight the pattern of the embossing.




The photo's are rubbed on to mountboard and cut out with a little border, as old fashioned photo's used to be presented with a cream border. I distressed the edges of the borders using a metal file and then touched them up with a bit of Distress Ink.




I had a scrap of material which I dyed using a combination of water and Distress Re-Inker and then ironed dry. I overlaid this with a piece of heavenly lace which has beads and sequins sewn into it and then added a piece of ribbon that has beads sewn onto the edge. This is all held together by two long pins that had little plastic embellies stuck onto the end. I didn't like the colours of these, so I coloured them using Copper Krylon pen. I threaded a few beads onto the pins and then popped these into the lace and fabric.





The word is a rub on by Basic Grey and in order to get this project blogged in time, I haven;t been able to allow the Glossy Accents to dry - I will change the piccie once it is though! The hanging part is from an old belt that my dear Mum-in-Law found on a car boot sale - the hanger is actually the belt extender but I thought it went perfectly with the whole design.




Finally, I prepped some little Prima Flowers - altering the colours slightly by rubbing Distress Inks over the petals and then added a couple of little flower buds to the centre, which I stuck using silicone glue and then added a little bit of beaded cotton under the flowers and around the buds.





Thanks for looking - I shall be dashing off to make the Sunday Stamper for tomorrow while the old Mojo is still here, I don't want it going off on holidays again!!

Hels x

6 comments:

Jennie said...

What a gorgeous piece :0 Mojo back with a vengeance I would say, anmd thank you for joining in the challenge. Hugs xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fabulous work of art Hels ;) Better tie that Mojo down lol
Anne xx

Andrea said...

this is just fabulous Mrs, love all the inticate detail x

Andrea said...

should of send intricate, oops sorry

Hels said...

Thanks peeps for the lovely comments xx

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails