Friday 27 March 2009

Getting Inky for Minxy :O))

Morning Peeps,

It was my mate Minxy's birthday the other day so I got all inky and messy making a card for her. I had run out of wrapping paper so I also "altered" an envelope to send a little pressie to her in - here are the piccies: (BTW, if you click on her name you will get to her amazing Blog where she has some gorgeous altered pieces to inspire you)

Card:




I made some alcohol inky backgrounds for the main elements of the card. The little one was inked in the normal way, putting ink onto the applicator and then dabbing onto glossy card. The larger piece was inked by inking the applicator with three lines of different coloured inks and then dragging them across the glossy card, first one way, then the other, to make a plaid design, it doesn't show up too well on the pics though!




The stamping was done using Ranger Archival ink and heat dried to set it on the glossy surface. The stamps are from the Tim Holtz Collection by Stampers Anon. I made a little collage for the smaller piece using those new mini stamps that co-ordinate with the larger original ones. They are so cute and perfect for making matching collages.




Matted onto black card and then gold mirri card to finish, I assembled the pieces over each other and then just added a little message and an Idea-ology tag which I had covered with gold Dabber and then wiped off so the paint stayed in the recessed wordy part (I know what I mean am just rubbish at describing stuff!!!) LOL


Envelope:





I have to admit that I do like to decorate envelopes with images that co-ordinate with the card - it makes it so much nicer to receive a fancy envelope doesn't it? I used the same Tim stamps and made a little collage for the envelope.


Wrapping Paper:




Well, as I said, it isn't wrapping paper, it is an envelope that I decorated to hide Minxy's pressie in! I used those same little Tim stamps and made a collage and then coloured the envelope with Old Paper Distress Ink and cut it down to the right size and sealed it with staples.

Thanks for looking and I hope Minxy had a fabby day!

Hels x

14 comments:

Flippinpest said...

I AM SURE THAT SHE WAS THRILLED WITH THIS. iTS A GORGEOUS CARD :-)

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks :O))

Joy said...

It's stunning! I know Minxy loved it! xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks Joy xx

Beth said...

love the little 'altered' medallion. pretty!

Andrea said...

what a great card Nicky would of love that, fab Hels xx

Minxy said...

I did indeed have a fabby birthday made all the more fabby by this georgus card from my dear dear friend,the envelope looked awsome, and i think really made it special, think i may have to try this in future as it really adds to the excitment of whats inside :O)

Shazza said...

they are gorgeous Hels, lucky Minxy
x

CraftyC said...

Bet Minxy loved this Andrea, gorgeous stuff!
Clairexx

Steph said...

Wow, fab! Love it x

Karen said...

Stunning Hels, I love the co-ordinated look you created :)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous card and accessories Hels. I want that 'man with umbrella' stamp. In fact there are a few more Tim Holtz stamps I want LOL
xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone :O))

cwg said...

I see you are as big a Tim Holtz fan as I am! THe only problem I have is that I can't decide which of his stamps to buy, but I love looking at what you've done with yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails