Wednesday, 30 July 2008

In My Pocket......There is a Message of Lurve

Morning Peeps,

Another Wednesday so another theme for the In My Pocket challenge. Thank you to all of you who joined in last week, I loved all your creations!

This week the theme is A Message of Love.

As usual, if you make your pocket to these dimensions:

And then if you add your theme under the flap of the Pocket so it is "secret".

I made mine using those fab new papers by Basic Grey from the Euphoria collection. Aren't they lush? I also used some Stitchels flower and heart stamps, layering the flowers and adding buttons for the middles of them.



I painstakingly sat for hours, sewing white thread through all the Stitchels......ah...nearly had you going there!! Anyone who knows me, knows I am useless with a needle and thread, so I cheated!!! I used the Ranger Inkessentials White pen, and just drew little white lines inbetween each dot on the Stitchel image LOL


My little message is from the song I Love You Because by Jim Reeves, ah, I bet most of you are too young to remember this one but it is one of my faves......and I added the little message onto a little folded tag that I made, also using the BG papers.



I hope you enjoy this theme and once you have made your Pocket, please add a comment here and add a link to the place where you are showing your artwork.

Thanks for looking,

Hels xx

18 comments:

TinaB said...

Beautiful! Well done Hels xx

Craftyideas said...

Love your pocket Hels its gorgeous xx

Artyfax said...

Love the idea behind this challenge, and hope to beceome a regular. John

Just found this site via Paul's ArtSiders blog

craftytrog said...

It's beautiful Hels - great theme! I remember Jim Reeves - he was my old Nan's favourite!!! xx

Andrea said...

I just Lurve your pocket Hels, its fabby and yes those papers are scrumptious, will do my best to get this done xx

Angie C said...

Gorgeous pocket Hels, love those papers, very scrummy indeed.

Jim who? LOL

Hels said...

Thanks everyone, nice to meet you John, hope to see your Pocket...will pay you a visit in a couple of days :O))

craftytrog said...

Hi Hels! It's 1.30am and I've finally finished my pocket and it's on my blog!! xx

Sequin Bead said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

** Shaz ** said...

Love your pocket Hels, have done mine now xx

Karen said...

Lurve your pocket Hels :) I have managed to join in this week

http://karen-welcometomyworld.blogspot.com/2008/08/ive-got-lurve-in-my-pocket.html

Thanks for another lovely challenge xxx

Ann said...

Gorgeous papers & I love the stitchels stamps too - my faves!!! xx

Stunning pocket Hels x

Hels said...

Thanks everyone xx :O))

Craftyideas said...

Have made my pocket and its on my blog, Thanks Hels for setting the challenge. xx

Sue said...

Just love doing your pockets - your is great
Here's Mine
Thanks for looking ...

Hels said...

Thanks for joining in Rach and Sue..lovely Pockets xx

Paul B said...

Another beautiful pocket with its romantic pastel shades

A late entry but at least it's before Wednesday :) here's my pocket (it's near enough to the theme without being overly soppy haha)

http://theartsiders.blogspot.com/2008/08/in-my-pocket-isa-message-of-love.html

Px

craftyscot said...

awww this is so sweet
Shazza
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails