Sunday 18 May 2008

Sunday Stampers - Week 17 - Little Old Wine Drinker Me

Good morning and happy Sunday to you all,

Today is a very special Sunday Stamper day as I have a very special guest designer setting the challenge!

Cynthia, whom many of you will recognise as Rainbow Lady, has very kindly offered to set the theme for us all. If you haven't already guessed, the theme is Wine. However, if you are crafter of refined tastes, you can always upgrade to Champagne :O))

Now, this one really is a challenge for me as I haven't got any decent stamps that have wine bottles or glasses featuring on them. I have got a pack of acrylic Royal & Langnickel stamps that have a little wine glass, but alas, they are so old that when I tried to peel it off the storage acetate it tore!!! Eeeek, what to do?

Well, all was not lost as I managed to peel the grapes image off very carefully and inking the stamp with ColorBox chalk inks I managed to stamp a border - I masked each image so they overlapped.



Next, I rummaged in the depths of the stash cupboard and found a QuicKutz die that is wine glass shaped and punched a couple of these out of white card. I then inked them with the same ink as the grapes and then set to making an ATC. You see, I started out making a card but lack of sizeable stamps meant that a card would have looked very bare, thank goodness for ATC's!!

I tore the border and stuck this to the ATC, then I added the two wine glasses and then used Alpha stamps to make the word Vino.

Finally, I set an eyelet with my Crop-A-Dile and tied ribbons thru it and then added a little bunch of grapes charm.

To celebrate the Sunday Stamper having a Guest Designer, I have decided to offer up some Blog Candy. In order to put yourself forward to win the Candy, please make your challenge item and then post on here, letting me know where you are showing your work of art. The winner will be chosen at random, by means of Grim picking a name out of a hat, on Sunday morning next week (25th May).

Here are a couple of cards that Cynthia has made for the challenge:




If you would like to be a Guest Designer on the Sunday Stamper, please can you drop me an email and I will add your name to the list - don't forget that I do try to have a song title to go with the theme....cos I just want you all to be humming and singing all Sunday long :O))





Here is the piccie of the Blog Candy that is up for grabs when you join in this weeks challenge - included are some stamped images, 6x6 K & Co papers, StandOuts, CraftyBits wooden hearts, fibres, ribbons, gold HOTP card embellies, felt stickers and a little tag book that was free with ScrapBook Inspirations :O))





Have fun and get inky and messy!

Hels xx

25 comments:

Debbie said...

WOO HOO looks like I am first...or the only one that is crazy to be up at 1:30 AM...but had to post my link for this weeks challenge before I went to bed...Busy day tomorrow my son is graduating from High School. Thanks for the challenge.

http://creationsbydebbiejean.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Stampers%20Challenge

Craftyideas said...

Love your atc Hels Love Rachel p xxx

Rainbow Lady said...

Thank you so much Hels for having me as your first Guest Designer - I am honoured.Thanks also for putting up my two cards. I do love this Dean Martin classic song so do not mind singing it all day. I do love your atc very well done as you did say it was going to be a challenge.
Love and hugs
Cynthia x

shaz earl said...

Brilliant challenge and a great ATC Hels xx

Andrea said...

a great example Hels and I need to rummage to for this one x

Shazza said...

great challenge and great ATC, have to have a very deep rummage and see what I can find

Andrea said...

have added my challenge, its on my blog x

shaz earl said...

Have added my challenge to my blog xx

Marina Huisman said...

This is the first time that I join in
on one of your theme`s Hels, please let my know when I`m doing something wrong.
I love this challange/theme so here is my ATC.

Wine

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks Andrea, Shaz and Marina, love all you have made - and you have done everything perfectly Marina...thanks for joinin in peeps xx

Rainbow Lady said...

Lovely cards everyone. Glad you liked the challenge and hope you may join in mine sometime as well.
Love Cynthia x

Craftyideas said...

Have made a tag and here is the link

http://rachelpcraftyideas.blogspot.com/

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks Rach, I loooove your brayering ...looks brill! Thanks for joinin in x

crafty creations said...

brilliant challenge

Here is mine

http://hilmof.blogspot.com/2008/05/sunday-stamper-this-week-is-little-old.html

Thanks for looking

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ATC and a great challenge theme ... brought me to use that stamp for the first time ..
Here's my card:
Vine
TFL
Ilonka

Anonymous said...

Please look at my blog to see my entry about "Wine" ! the link doesn't works ! thanks for looking

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks for joinin in everyone x

Heather Robinson said...

This is a great theme!! My creation is on my blog!

Joy said...

Ooh! I think I've got a glass of bubbly somewhere I def got those Quickutz dies Love what you've done Hels xx

Shazza said...

mine is now on my blog and my was it a challenge :0)
Shazza
x

Lesley said...

Well this was certainly a challenge as none of my stamps were really suitable! Until I looked closer at a couple, and came up with this!

http://themessycrafter.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I am still singing Red Red wine!!! Love this more than I love Pinot Grigio XXX Great challenge BTW XXX

Karen said...

Thanks for the challenge, I've done mine and its in my blog http://karen-welcometomyworld.blogspot.com/

TinaB said...

Just My Theme!!! Mines on my blog now xx
http://tinascraftyplace.blogspot.com/

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks for joinin in everyone x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails