Monday, 14 April 2008

Gothic Arch - Bricks & Mortar Style

Hello again,

How lucky was I to be able to buy a sheet of the brand new Paper Artsy stamps yesterday :O)) They are called "Bricks & Mortar" from the Squiggly Ink Range and the sheet I bought is No1.

I actually really love all the range and I think I will be saving up to buy them all very soon!

For this project, I cut a Gothic Arch shape from card and using a babywipe, I blended Adirondack Ink Stonewashed and Wild Plum over the surface. A quick blast with the heatgun to dry the inks up and then I stamped the little house and the swirly image onto the arch. I then inked up some more cardstock and stamped the roof of the house using Wild Plum and cut this out. I stuck the top of the roof directly onto the arch and popped 3D foam onto the bottom of the roof to make it looked like it was sloping.



Next, I stamped the sentiment onto the coloured cardstock, I cut this out and then cut it into three, tearing the right hand edges of these pieces and edging with black ink. I used 3D foam to attach these to the arch too. I used another piece of the coloured cardstock and stamped the ruler and attached this to the top of the arch. Finally, I stamped and cut out the heart image and 3Dd this onto the window in the house and edged the whole arch in black ink.



I am really pleased with this arch, love the stamps and the colours I have used. I need to find a stamp of a garden gnome cos I think this will be fab to sit in the window in the house!

Thanks for looking

Hels x

12 comments:

CraftyC said...

Oooh Hels, I like that, and I've got those stamps as well I think!! See your still into purple then, not gonna put it in your hair are you!!!(LOL)
Clairexx

Angie C said...

Oooh this is gorgeous Hels, I love the purpples and lilacs and I need those stamps

Andrea said...

this is brilliant Hels, just love what you have done xx

Elisabeth said...

What a wonderful creation! Love the purples. Purple is one of my fav colors.

Annapurna said...

This is beautiful! I tried the bubble wrap thing and it did not turn out nearly as good looking as yours. I will have to print your directions and follow them step by step next time.

Wigglescards said...

Great Arch, just love the colours too and the stamps are fab!!!!!! xx

** Shaz ** said...

Fabulous Arch Hels love the colours xx

Chris said...

Gorgeous arch, Hels. Gonna have to get me some of those stamps!

Joy said...

These stamps are on my wish list I love what you have created with them - gorgeous colour xx

Melissas said...

I love the sentiment on this arch! Very nice job. I also like the colors :)
Melissa SBS12

craftyscot said...

oooh Hels,this is fab. Have not made one of these arches yet! I saw these stamps the other day and have added them to my wish list. Want them even more now!!!!
Love the colours too
x

Anne said...

Love this Hels - just saw one of the 'Bricks and Mortar' stamps on another blog and was Googling it to have a look at the stamps when up came your blog :-D

Little Lion xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails