Friday 8 February 2008

Life Begins........

Hello again!

Last week I joined in the Funky Fairy's Challenge which was to use orange and black circles.

The card I made was a hit with my DH and he asked me to make a special one for his friend Paul who is celebrating his 40th next week.

Both of them are Luton Town fans through and through and the team colours are orange and black....so here is the card I have made for him.

I started by painting some really thick cardstock with Sunset Orange Acrylic Dabber. I had run out of the Bazzill that I used on the other one so I improvised!! I then used anything circular I could find to draw around, including my Sticky Dots, the lid off the tub of embossing powder and the inside of a roll of DS tape. I cut black and orange circles out and then arranged them on the card. I used Basic Grey monograms for the numbers and painted these in orange too. Once the paint was dry I edged it with black StazOn to make them stand out more.
I stamped Happy Birthday (Penny Black) and layered a couple of the little circles onto 3D foam to add dimension.
On the back of the card, I popped a couple of spare circles and then used an alphabet stamp to add LTFC to make it that little bit more personal.
The boys are off to see the match tomorrow and I hope that Luton win....it would be a lovely pressie for Paul too!
Thanks for looking

Hels x

6 comments:

Shazza said...

WOW Hels this is so effective, I really love it. Must remember this idea for men's cards in future
x

Wacky Jacky said...

Love the colours and retro-style. Sure he will love it.

Jo said...

Great 'mans' card, and using footie team colours is a fab idea!

Kristen said...

Oh I love your card - even though I don't love his choice of footy teams! lol.

My Paper World said...

Very creative, painting your own cardstock! It looks really great, and personalised cards are always extra special!
Nicola xx

Ann said...

Fab card Hels xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails