I have made a few more designs for the Artistic Stamper...I am loving using all the fab stamps, they are so well made and the designs are really versatile too.
This piece of work is a board that has ribbon on it so it can be a hanging ornament too. I took some glossy photo paper and using Red Pepper, Terracotta and Butterscotch Alcohol Inks, I made a plaid background pattern. I then reinked the applicator and added some Blending Solution and tapped the inks over a new piece of paper. Once the inks were set as I wanted them, I used the random piece and stamped images of a beautiful sunflower and then some butterflies. I stamped the word "Beauty" onto a small piece of the paper and then matted this onto black card. I stamped the sunflower image twice and cut out the actual flower and layered this onto the first image, using 3D foam. I used a gold Krylon to edge the petals and also make a little extra definition in the centre of the flower. Using the plaid piece, I stuck this to thick card and then added the images. The sunflower image was matted onto gold mirri card and then black card so it stands out from the background. The butterflies are attached using silicone glue, so they look as if they are fluttering. I punched two holes in the top of the card using my Crop-A-Dile and then added two gold eyelets. The gold organza ribbon is from my stash and I tied this through the eyelets to make a hanger.
I used stamps from the A5 Architecture plate to make this card. Firstly, I took a piece of A5 textured cardstock and rubbed Frayed Burlap Distress Inks all over it. I then used a piece of Cut & Dry Foam to smudge on Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I used some spare cardstock and coloured this in the same way. I used a spritzer and misted water over the inked pieces to add a little distressed feel to them. Using Walnut Stain ink, I stamped a script stamp on one of the pieces of spare card. I then used the Arch stamp and stamped three times on the other piece of card using Walnut Stain again. I stamped the columns and the corners directly onto the main cardstock and then tore the script and added this to two of the corners. I stamped the three words, also from the A5 plate. I tore the three arches along the top and matted them onto the background card using 3D foam. I then added the three words using 3D foam too. Gold Krylon was used to swipe along the edges of the images and a couple of gold brads in the corners finish the project off.
Now, anyone who knows me, knows I am rubbish at collage!! :O)) However, this plate (Collage A5) made the making of this piece really easy. I have never been very good at adding extra images to a piece, so have always been reluctant to do a "collage". Well, this piece was created firstly by taking a lovely piece of paper (Cosmo Cricket - Be Good range) and sticking it to a piece of mountboard. I then used sandpaper and roughed up all the edges and some of the centre of the paper. I then stamped the Man image onto another piece of the paper using Versafine Sepia ink. I stamped this twice as I wanted to use some of the components of the image again. I cut around the pieces I wanted to use and also stamped a small column from the A5 Architecture plate. I matted all the images onto the main image and then stuck this to the background. I used Grungeboard hinges and a key, coloured using gold Krylon and then sanded and added these to the base too. Finally, I stamped three words onto the spare paper and stuck these onto the base using 3D foam. I was not 100% happy with the overall image that I had created, I thought that it lacked something and needed livening up, so I used Glossy Accents (Ranger) and highlighted components of the collage. I then added an eyelet and made a tassle using gold thread - easier said than done as the gold thread really does have a mind of its own!!
Thanks for looking again - I am loving using all the new stamps that I have not used before.
Wednesday, 9 January 2008