Yesterday afternoon, I took one look at my Craft room and realised that whilst it is nice to have a place to be able to be creative in, it is useless when it resembles the local dump :O)) So, I spent three hours doing a "life laundry" and cleared out loads of old rubbish that I have accumulated over the years...bits of paper that I have had to keep incase I need them....which I haven't so the recycling bin is now overflowing! I had booked a days leave from work today and it was lovely to be able to walk into the room this morning and not trip over stuff on the floor...and I could see the whole of my desk, not just the 2" square I have been using since Christmas :O))
Jennie has sent me some beautiful "nudes" stamps. I have never really used "people" stamps before, so it was refreshing to have a challenge.
Firstly, I have to say that I love this image....there are so many different things I want to do with this stamp...I have sketched a few ideas out for future reference though.
For this card, I used glossy cardstock and blended Fired Brick Distress ink onto it using Cut & Dry foam. I then used a mini mister and spritzed water all over the card. I dried the card using my heat gun and then used Fired Brick again, and stamped the Dandelion head randomly over the card. I then inked up the lady image with Black Versafine ink. I stamped this onto some mat cardstock and once the ink was dry, I used a water brush and painted a very pale mix of Tattered Rose ink onto the body. I matted this onto a piece of the prepared glossy card, edged the mat with gold Krylon and then attached this to a larger piece of prepared card. I then edged the larger bit with gold Krylon. With an offcut of the glossy card, I stamped "Beauty" and edged with krylon again. I thought that the design was lacking something so hit on the idea of using a feather to cover her "modesty" ;O)) I attached this behind the Beauty banner with silicone glue and then attached it all to the card.
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
I have just bought Worn Lipstick Distress Re-Inker as my pad was dried out. I re-inked the pad this morning and was itching to get playing with it...it is pink, and as you all know, I looove pink!! LOL
I used a piece of thick feintly patterned with mottles and blended the ink onto the surface. I then spritzed the whole card with Tattered Angels Gold Glimmer Mists and let this soak in. I finished drying it thoroughly with my heat gun. I stamped the lady onto mat cardstock using black StazOn and did as before and painted her so she was a more human colour! I then did some resist stamping onto a piece of glossy cardstock, using clear ink and powder and I used the Dandelion head stamp again. I took some of the re-inker and dropped a little onto my craft mat. I spritzed this with water then I dabbed the glossy card into the ink. I then had a lovely piece of card, that was pink and had the images in white. I matted both bits of card onto black cardstock to add a little definition. I had printed out the saying onto white paper, so I inked this using the Cut & Dry foam and then matted this onto black cardstock too. I used another marabou feather and stuck this behind the saying mat using silicone glue as before.
As I have not used this type of stamp before I am not 100% if I have made them look right, but I kind of like them, they are growing on me!
I have run out of time at the moment but will pop the rest of the cards on here tomorrow
Thanks for looking again!
Saturday, 12 January 2008