Thursday 22 November 2007

More Fat Pages - Tim Holtz Stylee!

Hello again,

Whoops, where did this week go? I was going to pop the other Fat Pages here on Sunday, then family time took over and then this week has just whizzed past!!

Anyways, better late thann never, here are the four remaining fat pages that I have sent out for the Craftswap Forum list.

Page 5



For this page, I again used a piece of mountboard. I used Cut & Dry foam to apply Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, then over the top of this I used Peeled Paint and then a few patches of Dusty Concord. I then spritzed the whole page with Tattered Angels in Antique Brass and let it soak in a bit before I completely dried it using my heatgun. I used the Crackle Bird from the Tim Holtz Unmounted Collection. He is a big stamp, so I placed him in the middle of the page using a VersaFine ink pad in Imperial Purple. I added a little bronze coloured gem to his eye, sticking it with Glossy Accents. I took a smaller piece of mountboard and coloured it the same way as the page. I used Tattered Angels on this and then once it was dry I stamped the sentiment which is another from the Tim Holtz Collection. I used my Crop-A-Dile and punched a hole in the top right hand of the page. Using a purpley coloured eyelet to match the colour scheme I tied some gingham ribbon through the hole. For the finishing touch, I used Gold Krylon and edged the page and the message piece and dabbed some Glossy Accents to a couple of the words.
For this page I used: Distress InkPads in Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint & Dusty Concord, Tattered Angels Mist in Antinque Brass, Eyelet, Crop-A-Dile, ribbon, Goild Krylon and a little gem.



Page 6




I started this page by painting Crackle Paint in Dusty Concord onto the top right hand corner of the page. Whilst this was drying I got the papers that I wanted to use prepared. I tore the papers to the sizes I needed and then spritzed with Tattered Angels. Whilst the paper was wet I curled the edges up so it look a little rough and distressed. On the larger piece of paper, I stamped the cup rings using Imperial Purple VersaFine ink. I also used the spray flower stamp (also a TH Collection!) stamping this in Dusty Concord so it looked lighter on the paper. I used the smaller piece of paper as a message mat, stamping the Embrace Imperfection onto it using the Purple VersaFine again. Next, I took an inch square piece of Stampbord and coloured it with Dusty Concord. I stamped the flower head onto it using the Purple VersFine and then dabbed the whole piece with my clear Embossing ink dabber. I used Clear Embossing powder, heating it until it melted together. The paint had dried by now, so I put the whole page together, stapled two pieces of ribbon to the top right and edged it all with Gold Krylon. The final little embellie of the spoon is actually an image on the reverse of the paper I used...I cut this out and stuck it on with Glossy Accents!
For this page I used: Tim Holtz Collection Stamps and Papers, Crackle Paint & Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, VersaFine Imperial Purple, Stampbord, Glossy Accents, Tattered Angels Antique Brass, Clear Embossing Dabber and powder, Stapler, Ribbon and Gold Krylon.


Page 7





Page 7 has been made in the same way as Page 6. I painted Faded Jeans Crackle Paint onto the top right hand corner of the page. Whilst this was drying, I prepared the paper I wanted to use. I spritzed the paper with Tattered Angels and whilst it was wet, curled the edge up over the tear. Once I had dried the paper, I used a Tim Holtz Collection stamp as the main image. I stamped this in Black VersaFine. I took a small piece of mountboard, coloured it with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and then stamped the Create word on it...I used Imperial Purple VersaFine for this piece. I then took a small square of Stampbord and once I had coloured the background with Faded Jeans I stamped the little girl's face onto it. I then covered the whole piece with Clear Embossing powder and melted it. I stuck this on to the paper over the image of her face ...so she had a raised look. I edged everything with Gold Krylon and stapled a piece of "ruler" twill to the page...I used the ruler twill as this matched the ruler on the stamped image.
For this page I used: Faded Jeans Distress Ink & Crackle Paint, Tattered Angels in Antique Brass, Tim Holtz papers and Stamps, Invoke Art Stamp, Black VersaFine, Purple VersaFine, Gold Krylon, Stampbord, Clear Embossing powder, Clear Embossing ink dabber, stapler and twill.


Page 8



My last page! Again, I used the Faded Jeans Crackle Paint. THis time I painted the whole of the right hand side of the page. I took some co-ordinating Tim Holtz paper, spritzed with Aged Silver Perfect Pearls dissolved in water and then stamped the Flowery Tim Stamp onto it using
Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I curled the edge up as I did on the other papers and dabbed a bit of Gold Krylon onto this curl. Once I had stuck the paper down, I then took a smaller piece of the paper and used the patterned side of it so the bottle was on show. I spritzed this with the Tattered Angels and curled the edge right over so the plain side of the paper showed. I then took a little piece of the paper and stamped "Altered" onto it using Faded Jeans. I took a little square of Stampbord and stamped the T, E & R onto it, embossed with clear powder and stuck this to the paper message. This gave the whole look a bit of depth. On the Crackle painted part of the page, I used the Flourish stamp by Tim and stamped in Black, embossed the image wit clear embossing so that it set and then I edged the page with Silver Krylon. The stapled ribbons are the final touch.
For this page I used: Tim Holtz Collection Stamps and Paper, Faded Jeans Crackle Paint and Distress Ink, Stampbord, Alphabet stamps by StampsAway, Black VersaFine, Perfect Pearls in Aged Silver, Water mister, Silver Krylon, Stapler & Ribbons.


I really enjoyed making these pages as I could let my imagination run riot! I love the whole "altered" look of crafting and as you probably guessed, Tim Holtz is my hero!!

Thanks for looking at my latest creations!

Hels x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stunning yet again, did I already get my page LOL xx

Anonymous said...

Once again Hels some truly inspired pages! I will have to get back into FBP's in the New Year. Hope you are feeling a little better back-wise? Cheers XXX

Anonymous said...

Stunning pages Hels, don't recall getting mine yet :0)lol
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails