I have been busy getting inky again this morning!! I have been mulling over a new project for my Bind It All and this is the finished result. I am chuffed that the wires all went in the right places too, as I was a bit concerned that it would not close properly!
I took a large piece of mountboard and cut it into 3" squares. I then punched the hole into these squares, making sure that three were punched down either side and the two remaining had just one line of punched holes.
I then used Antique Linen Distress Pad and smudged this ink all over the mountboard squares. I then used a piece of Cut and Dry foam and used Tea Dye ink and coloured the mountboard in patches. Next I used a Mushroom Dabber and streaked this over the inked surfaces, spritzed them all with water and the dried with a heat gun. This gave me a lovely splotchy surface ready to stamp onto.
I used various stamps from the Tim Holtz Collection and used Walnut Stain ink to stamp the images. For the Lion, I also used a little crown stamped in Gold onto mountboard and then popped onto his head.
I used DooDads, also from the Tim Holtz collection, for the words on the pages.
I also used some stampboard, which I coloured with Brushed Corduroy ink and then stamped the pen nibs with Walnut Stain. I scratched the surface of the stampbord in places so it has a more defined look.
As well as the Tim stamps, I also used a few by Catslife Press....for a change!! ;o))
To finish the little concertina, I bound all the pages together with 3/8" wires and added a little metal embellishment to the front cover.
I am chuffed that I managed to make something other than a book using the BIA!!
Thanks for looking
Sunday, 7 October 2007