Monday, 10 September 2007

Once Upon A Time...A Fairy Tale by Hels

Hi There!

I bought the DCWV "Once Upon A Time" mat stack earlier this year and apart from a few cards and Fat Pages I have not really used it. Anyway, I decided that it was high time I made something with it.

I have made a little book today using this mat stack and my Bind It All machine. I made up a little Fairy Tale to go with the papers as I found them to be inspiring. Using Xara Xtreme, I printed out the Fairy Tale I had written and then just cut the sections of story I wanted for each page and used co-ordinating Distress Pads to colour these sections. I also tried to use some of the rubberstamps in my collection to interpret the tale.

I really enjoyed making this as it is totally original and I thought it up all by myself!! :o))








I thought about a story to go with the papers and stamps. I have the "Queen" stamp by PaperArtsy and thought she looked good enough to be a "Wicked Queen". The little girl is also by PaperArtsy and I used Perfect Pearls and painted the gold onto her hair.







I got the idea for the Magic Tree probably from my favourite childhood story, "The Faraway Tree". I wanted to use charms that I also had stamp versions of so I could make little hidden elements to the page.











I wanted to have a gallant Knight in my tale, so the paper that already has the Knight printed onto it was perfect for continuing my story. I also had to use my Lion stamp...he is my favourite stamp ever and does get a lot of use!! It is from the Tim Holtz Collection by Stampers Anonymous.











Thanks for looking!! Hels x

7 comments:

Ann said...

Are there no ends to your talents Hels??? Beautiful book & story, altho' that Queen stamp creeps me out!!! Love the story, sucker for a happy ending.....as I'm still looking for my key & Knight!! ^--^ xx

Stunning = Well done Hels xxx

Ann-R/CSF

Andrea said...

love the book Hels and can not wait for the next story, well done and keep them coming xx

Sammy mac said...

Ooops, commented lower down by mistake. I love your book, it bought a tear to my eye and took me back to my childhood.

Anonymous said...

Lovely book Hels. A great way of using those papers. Well done you!

Anonymous said...

Hels, your imagination is endless, it's a fabulous book and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

TraceyW CSF
xx

shazzapat said...

fabulous Hels, I so love those papers

Lyds x said...

As I was wandering through your Magic Kingdom, I came across this wonderous fairytale...and I love it xx
(“\(*-*)/”)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails