Monday 18 February 2013

In Stitches...

...aha! A play on words today - yep, still coming up with exciting and witty blog post titles (not lol)  Anyways... yesterday was Day 1 of the Stitches Trade Show at the NEC in Birmingham and I spent the day playing demo-ing for Creative Expressions with the gorgeously delectable new Distress Paints along with the latest and fabulously wonderful Studio 490 stamps, Stencils for Art and Art Parts with a few Blossom Bucket Embellish Your Art goodies thrown in for goodly measures.. and here is one of my demo samples:



One of the new Art Part tags - looooove these, perfect size, perfect shape and the little scallop trim makes a cute addition.   I started by covering the tag with an old book page and using a palette knife to spread Antique Linen Distress Paint over it in patches.  A quick zap with a heat tool and then Bundled Sage DP, another zap with a heat tool and Broken China DP spread over the top... and then one of the brand new and brilliant That Special Touch Masks... big big thanks to the Mask Queen herself, Ali Reeve for giving these to me... check out her blog HERE for more inspiration... the new dotty mask was popped onto the top of the tag and I used Cut & Dry foam to sponge and blend Black Soot DP through it.  A quick smidge of Black Soot around the edges to frame the design and then I set about making the embellies.



The stripy flower was made using the new Stencils For Art Layered Flower stencil, first using Broken China DP through it and then using the other flower on the stencil and Chipped Sapphire - this is so cool because once you have your first colour down, you pop the next flower over the top and it masks the first layer at the same time as being a stencil too... genius!  This was then cut out, edged with more of the Black Soot and embellished with a Star Knob Blossom Bucket embellie... I added some of the brand new Creative Expressions Gilding Wax to the centre to tone it in and finally, after colouring and adding the scallop trim, I coloured another Star Knob for the top of the tag and an EYA rose, coloured with Broken China DP.  Oh and the word, I almost forgot the word... again coloured with Black Soot DP, sanded, coloured lightly with Gathered Twigs DI and then all stuck together with Cosmic Glue.  Oh and I forgot the leaves!  Creative Expressions metal leaves... painted with Forest Moss DP... look how it sticks to metal too! So versatile!  

I had a fabby day, it was great to see so many peeps... and I get to do it all again today!  Hurrah!   I shall away... another scheduled post, another early start... another night panicking that I have slept through the alarm... so tis time for my bed!  Thanks for looking... have a fab day!  TTFN

Hels x

26 comments:

donna said...

Hels,
I just can't wait to get my hands on some of these DP's.
I love this tag, keep 'em commin girl.
Donna in Ky.

Elizabeth Johnson said...

This tag is beautiful. There is so much going on, so much for the eye to see.
~Elizabeth

wendy vecchi said...

as usual...
spectacular!

Daniele said...

have a fun filled day....lovely to see your wonderful work up close and personel
hugs

Helen said...

Gorgeous Hels, hope you have a blast demo'ing at Stitches.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Stunning tag, loving the Distress Paints, they are a definite 'must have', great embellies. Have another great day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Carole Z said...

Fabulous Hels, my friend saw you demoing yesterday! I'm up there today, just leaving now! Carole Z X

Marleine said...


Hi Hels.

What fun you have. Whoops! I meant work you do!

Lovely project and materials you use are fab. X

rachel said...

fabulous tag Hels - so glad you had a lovely day getting to play with distress paints - brilliant xx

Andrea said...

love the fact you used the word HAPPY bet you was as happy as a pig in .... (you know what I mean)
doing the demos, glad you enjoying it Hels and love the sample xx

Unknown said...

Your recent posts are just great,you are such an inspiration.Jacqueline.S

nannapat said...

Fandabbydozy! Like the look of these tags, will have to have a look for some. Pat x

Mooffie said...

Love that 'Happy'...is there a Grumpy and a Doc too?!! It's lovely Hels. Looking forward to seeing some of the paints in the shops. TTFN Fred AKA Mooffie

Rita said...

Beautiful tag Hels, the colours are divine. I think I need them now!!!. Have a good day. Hugs Rita xx

whyducks said...

As usual amazing work!

snazzyoriginal said...

Great tag, such pretty colours but so sorry not to be seeing you this time around - first year in 10 I have not been at Stitches but I guess there's always next year. See you soon xx

Redanne said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, I am loving the new DPs too - so versatile and love the smell.... hope you have another great day today. Hugs, Anne x

s4rah said...

I love your tag! Do you know where I can buy that mask? It is right up my street :)

gayle said...

Ooh this is gorgeous! Sounds like a fab way to spend the day :) hope you had a good one today xx

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having fun 'working'!

Craftychris said...

Fabulous tag! I am glad you are having such a wicked time at the show. xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the colours! Hugs FRea

Gail said...

Luving the tag - think I need to purchase me some of the embellies that you have used - Gailx

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous tag Hels, love the colours. It was great catching up with you again on Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xox

Joanne said...

That tag shape is very appealing. So looking forward to seeing some of your projects in real life.
xx

Unknown said...

Lovely Stuff Hels, glad you had fun at Stitches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails