Monday 29 October 2012

Winter Woodland...

...have you seen those new Idea-ology Woodland Trees? I loves them!  They start life as a creamy white colour and you just add your own colours to them.  For these I drizzled a combo of Lettuce and Pesto Alcohol Inks all over them... turned them upside down to get rid of the excess and then gave it is gentle blast of heat from a heat tool... that burns off the excess alcohol fumes.  As soon as I saw the trees I knew I would be faffing with a Studio 490 Art Part Spool... perfect size and height to show off these cool litte decorations.


please excuse rubbish blurry pics... my camera did not want to focus!!!

Anyways... I decided the trees needed some frostyness... so I got some Ranger Glue & Seal and brushed it over the bristles (be careful with this, I have a lovely Glue & Seal splattered top now lol) and then rolled the tree in Dry Rock Candy Stickles (love this, looks like sugar)  And then I did the same again for the ickle tree.  I wanted to use the wreath that comes with the two trees but it didn't fit with the design so that is waiting for another project.




The Spool was covered with music score paper from the MME Lost & Found Xmas paper pad and then blended with Gathered Twigs DI around the edges... sanded to neated up and then assembled.  I made three Tattered Pinecones (Cosmic Glue is the best glue for this!) and added in a mini Red Cardinal (how sweet is he!) and some Branches and Holly Leaf cut from Grungeboard.   The little reindeer is a Movers & Shapers mini die... with a golden bell around his neck. (all Sizzix Alterations dies)  The ickle snowman is actually a tree decoration; my BFF Andrea sadly lost her father-in-law last year and when she was in the process of clearing out the house, she happened across some really old Xmas decs.  When she showed this little fella to me I knew I would be using him for something arty... I also have a little tree and a little angel from the same set which I will be using sometime soon too.



I have been keeping an eye on the weather over in America... and to all my American friends, stay safe, stay dry and stay warm... and praying the hurricane passes by and doesn't cause too much damage.  It is times like this that I feel the distance between us all.  The internet is a wonderful thing... makes the whole wide world so much smaller and accessible... but it also makes me realise how far away I am from my friends at times like this.  



 
That's all from me for today... I have about 462 things on my to-do list today... having had three days sick last week has made me so behind with all my projects... an inky day is called for me-thinks!  Oh and thank you all for the amazing comments on yesterdays post... wowow!!! Over 100 comments.... good luck all in the prize draw!  Thanks for looking... TTFN!


Hels x

23 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

This is gorgeous, Hels! I hope it's ok that I pinned it to the Sizzix I Spy board - everyone needs to see this! :)

Bev Barlow said...

That is lovely Hels! You always inspire me to do more with inks as haven't really ventured in that area much. Wish you were nearer to me so that I could come to one of your classes - don't suppose you get to Sussex much?!

Aquarius said...

Must keep an eye out for these trees - fab project

Rita said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, this piece is fabulous Hels. I saw those trees at SECC in Glasgow yesterday and wondered what I would do with them, now I know. I'm off for another peek. Hugs Rita xx

Jenny Marples said...

Genius Hels. Love the frosted tree and fabulous reindeer. A real centrepiece here. Hugs, Buttons x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOL LOL LOL!!! How our minds think a like! I love this Hels. The added deer is too cool!!! What a fabulous make!

Sue said...

Oh my flippin god. How much do I love this piece of art. Waiting for my trees to arrive.

Mrs Beez said...

This is totally, totally, the most amazing piece. I would so love to own this. I hadn't seen the trees but have a pack of Lexmark green trees that (apparently) you can bleach and then colour - ha ha!! Need that reindeer die too! It's made me go all Christmas giddy!

Craftychris said...

Stunning creation! Love those trees! The little snowman looks right at home too! xx

EmmaT said...

Hiya Hels, these trees remind me of some my nan had (mum has them now), but they look just like these, so i must track them down and make my own. Love all the details. Emma

Marleine said...

Hi Hels,
Fab piece and project to do. This would be lovely as a centre piece on the Xmas table. X

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, This project is absolutely beautiful, I love it. The spools are just the ticket for the trees and reindeer, absolutely brilliant, I haven't seen the trees before, but will have to look out for them.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

rachel said...

beautiful Hels - such an amazing Christmas project - I love it xx

Sue said...

What a wonderful Christmas piece this is - love, love the tree. Love Christmas... I hope the storm will pass with little damage but thinking how scary it must be over there at the moment. Take care. Sx

Words and Pictures said...

Very cute... the deer looks just adorable against that tree!
Alison x

gayle said...

Ah, I get it now :-D those trees are fab aren't they? Just asking for a little scene lol
Love the pieces you picked, beautiful and very festive!

Kyla said...

Oh my, this is just fabulous....great use of TH goodies and art parts....lovely

Kyla

Linda said...

Wow! WOw! Wow! I love this, it's simply stunning.
I had to have those trees and I was wondering what to do with them. Now I'm inspired!! Thanks for another fabulous project Hels. xx

craftimamma said...

Awww, this is really lovely Hels and a wonderful Christmas decor item. It would grace any festive display.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftimamma said...

Awww, this is really lovely Hels and a wonderful Christmas decor item. It would grace any festive display.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Karen Petitt said...

it's gorgeous Hels!! have seen those trees and wasn't sure about them - now i've seen this i want them!!!! gorgeous! Karen x

Rebecca said...

Ooo lovely and christmassy :)
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Andrea said...

loving this Hels and so pleased you found use of the little Christmas bits from Erics, I have to agree with another blogger that this would make a brilliant centre piece and I need one ( how much for it :-) Hels )

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails