Saturday 7 July 2012

Pretty In Pink...

...I was having a good old rummage yesterday through the mahooosive stash of paper flowers that I have... erm... collected over the years. To my surprise, I have more than I thought... all different colours, sizes, styles... and... I felt the urge to play... so I did! Following on with the stylee that I have been doing this week, I bobbed some diecut papery bits onto a tag and added smidges of texture paste and then Gesso'd right over the top.


Once it was all nice and dry, I used Clam Shell Eco Paint and Shell Pink and Cranberry Dabbers to add some colour to the base. Out came the Stabilo All pencil again... I need another one cos this one is getting a bit stumpy. The beauty of the all is that is literally will go on to all surfaces... plastic, glass, wood, paper - even non stick craft sheets! Anyways, when you add water to the pencil lines, you can blend it out... which is what I like to do with the raised bits on the base bit of the tag.


Finally I went a bit bonkers with the flowers... well, they need using up, they have been neglected for waaaay too long. So long in fact, I remember hoarding them when I went through my "cute" phase of card making which has to be 137 years ago now. Check out the ickle buttons... they are brand new from a new company called Crafty Emblies... HERE is the website... do check 'em out, they have some gorgeous little wooden buttons, trinkets and charms... even masks!


Right, I shall love ya and leaves ya, I need an early night so I am scheduling this post to publish ... I am at Busy Bee Crafts in Sheffield today... an instore demo day... so if you are in the area, it would be grand to see you. Ooh and don't forget that there's a brand new Sunday Stamper theme tomorrow... I have been positively angelic this week and have my entry all ready, made and... scheduled!!! *polishes organizational halo* Thanks for looking... stay dry!!! TTFN

Hels x

26 comments:

Netty said...

wow your tag is so gorgeous with all those fab flowers. x

Helen said...

Have a great day - I will check out the website cos I need some more stuff!!! (I am off the Artstamps Newbury today...) Your tag is beautiful, love all the flowers - I think I need some more dimensional ones, mine are all fairly flat; this looks amazing!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...a stunning Tag full of summer...Mel :)

Jenny Marples said...

So I came to see your wonderful tag (love the details in this and so girly with all those lovely flowers!!)
Ended up hooked on browsing through the Crafty Embelies blog/shop!! Can't wait to see/try to find ways to use their fab shapes and masks. Thanks for the heads up. Hugs, Buttons x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Wow a loaded and stunning tag, I had lots of those but sold for new stash..now I may want some more!!! Have a fun day..sorry I didn't make Sunday stampers this week! Trace x

Aquarius said...

Well done for using up some of your flowers in this gorgeous way - love it. Just about managed to sneak in with a Silver Dream creation and will be watching out for the new challenge. Have a great weekend and thatns for that link to the embellies.

rachel said...

absolutely stunning Hels - really gorgeous xx

Miriam said...

Gorgeous tag - & you have used pink! Love those flowers!

Unknown said...

OMG this is amazing, i love the whole thing, but those buttons ((blush)) you have done a brilliant job with them, can wait to see what you do with the other stuff, excited I am - thank you Hels xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Love love love your tag .Perfect embellishing with flowers and Judies' Buttons too .

QueensDream said...

This is beautiful. Your page is my secret guilty pleasure + those little buttons are adorable!! Love them. QD xx

gayle said...

Loving the flowers! The good thing about having a huge stash of them is that you can use lots on one project :) gorgeous! Have a good weekend :)

Dawn said...

Beautiful! I love all those flowers!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carole Z said...

I Love this tag, what more can I say? Carole Z X

Angela D said...

Really pretty tag, it was certainly worth digging, I love the colours.

Ang (Crafty Bloggers Network DT)

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous Hels! As always! Have a great weekend!

betjunroe said...

This is such a beautiful tag Hels! Each one of your creations is so gorgeous i'ts hard to pick a fav! Thanks for all the continuing inspiration. Bette

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, so beautiful!!!

Redanne said...

I am a flower hoarder too but yours are absolutely stunning, I must get some bigger ones. Your tag is gorgeous, loving the pink! Off to look at embellies now.........A x

Angie said...

This is gorgeous ...love how those buttons work so beautifully.

Kate M said...

Absolutely Fabulous!! Love it
Kate
xx

Artyjen said...

You deserve the halo.....ab fab gorgeous tag ;)
xoxo Sioux

Words and Pictures said...

Sooo pretty in pink! Must be an amazing flower stash you've got tucked away - gorgeous tag!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Sooo pretty in pink! Must be an amazing flower stash you've got tucked away - gorgeous tag!
Alison x

Shazza said...

love, love, love this girly masterpiece x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

More eye candy!!! Just romantic and beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails