Saturday 12 May 2012

Makes Me Happy...

...to get inky and messy!!! Which is exactly what I got up to yesterday afternoon... a couple of hours playtime in the Room of Stash faffing with Distress Ink and a whole host of delish Tim products. I decided to go for something completely different and alter a mirror... then I got distracted with a tag and... well, I made a tag lol The altered mirror is still unaltered and my desk is now overflowing with Art Parts and Studio 490 stamps. I did buy the mirror about 381 years ago and another couple of days laying bare won't hurt it lol


I started off by using Multi Medium to make a resist of my fave and probably most inked stamp which is the long script stamp from Letters to Santa... I can't help it, it gives a gorgeous image that isn't too in-your-face. I then grabbed some Distress Inks; Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Aged Mahog and Walnut Stain and blended them over the tag and then spritzed with water to distress the colours. I did a bit of background stamping using Jet Black Archival but then went and covered those up with the embellishments.


The flowers and leaves are Kraft Glassine cut with the Tattered Florals, M&S Branch and Tattered Leaves dies... the leaves were made by colouring the Glassine with Lettuce and Pesto and Gold Mixative Alcohol Ink and then crumpled up and Walnut Stain rubbed over the top. The flowers are slightly different... I used my finger to smudge some Bronze Perfect Pearls onto a couple of them, heated the Glassine which changes the surface so it grabs the PP's so they are stuck in there and won't make everything they come into contact with blingy. The Tattered Pinecone has been kicking about my "shelf-of-things-made-and-not-needed-so-put-on-the-shelf-of-things-to-use-sometime" That is made out of Grungepaper and some kind of brown DI. I added some Idea-ology and made a little banner from Film Strip and then popped one of those gorgeous File Tabs onto the edge of the tag... I LOVE those File Tabs!


I would love to say that this tag took a couple of minutes to make but... it didn't. Mainly because I am nursing a broken arm, broken hip, broken shoulder, broken wrist, broken knee, broken ankle, broken elbow, broken head and a broken nail. Well, I might be exagerrating a smidge or so but... one thing I do know is that I am in a g o n y! Oh ho, indeedily, skateboarder girl here (ok, skateboarder old bag) is suffering with aches and pains and bruises and stuff. The main hurty bit is the top of my right arm... that's the main part that landed first. I am going off for a rest now (am scheduling this post) cos I am away to Bedford to Stamp Addicts for a demo day today. If you are going, please do come and say hi! Right... I shall hobble away and get myself to my bed. Thanks for looking, as ever, have a lovely day. TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...a gorgeous Tag Hels, loVely inky stuff and a rather scrumptious looking flower...Mel :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

A stunningtag, especially as you are carrying wounds!!!! Hugs trace x

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous tag Hels...I love it when intentions go awry and something totally different is made! Feel better soon and have a good day at Stamp Addicts! Carole Z X

Jenny Marples said...

Amazing attention to detail and beautiful colours Hels. Looks like you had fun doing this.
Hope you have a good day demo'ing.
Hugs, Buttons x

Helen said...

Such dedication to art, with you being so injured and all!! Fab tag, love the script stamp! Have a great day and hopefully you won't have any adventures on the way home this time....

Gabrielle said...

Love the tag - you really are the Quinn of amazing backgrounds and foregrounds and embellishments! Hope the demo goes well... perhaps an enforced retirement from dangerous sports might be better for the craft world?! Hoping the bruises/scratches heal soon x

Gabrielle said...

Bl**dy predictive iPad text! Quinn should have read queen!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag Hels. Hope you have a lovely day at Stamp Addicts. Love, Julia xxxx

Fuchsia said...

Oh I wondered if that Glassine could be used like that all scrunched up it looks good love the tag but would love to see you alter the mirror LOL

Sue said...

Despite all of those hideous injuries you have still managed to make a wonderful work of art. Love the colours & the background is gorgeous. I suggest you 'alter' the skateboard! Sx

Neil said...

Great tag o easily distracted one! Full of niceness and layers of loveliness. Hope you have a good demo and your hideous list of injuries disappear smartish!

Joanne said...

A truly fab tag, gorgeous colours and gorgeous embellishments. Now then, when will you ever learn? skate boarding indeed. You need helmets and limb protectors first.....LOL.
Hugs Joanne xx

Redanne said...

You are right about that Santa stamp, it is amazing! And so is your tag, love the colours, the textures....well, everything about it. You need to go into the Guiness Book of Records for doing such amazing work whilst being so badly injured....LOL! Hope you get lots of tea and sympathy today. x

Keren Howell said...

A brammer 'un Hels!

Aquarius said...

I know I keep saying Wow but Wow again this is amazing with so much scrummy embellishment. Love it. Sorry to hear you are still suffering from the skateboard adventure but hope you have a good day at the Stamp Attic.

Dee in N.H. said...

Awesome tag!!! And remember...next time you see one of those skateboardy things, walk a big circle around it!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous tag. Hope you're having a great time at Stamp Addicts & feeling better.

veronica said...

gorgeous tag, the flower and leaves are really fabulous! admire your dedication to doing the demo whilst suffering so much.....obviously demoing will be a magical cure!

kittychater said...

Lovely tag. I too have a shelf like yours. Hope you are feeling more mobile soon

sara j said...

Poor Hels!! I so applaud you for trying the skateboard thing...it was a valiant effort. Hope you are starting to heal.
The colors in this tag are to die for!! Must be that squeezed lemonade. Yummo. And the glassine flowers...too cool with the perfect pearls. Another gorgeous tag.

Caz said...

The tag is even more beautiful in real life 'cause it was on my birthday present that I got today!!!! It is simply stunning and has pride of place on my desk at the moment!!!!
Thanks sweetie - hope your "broken bones" start to mend soon.
xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails