Saturday 10 March 2012

Where Did That Go....

...this week? Huh? Disappeared as quick as lightning... which means that for the first time in about 163 years I haven't blogged for three days! Things here at Chez Sheridan are really tough at the moment, which is the only excuse I have for the absence. Thank you to the folks who have left me lovely comments and linked into the Sunday Stamper... I plan on a catch up this afternoon! I don't know, a few days away from Cyberspace and it feels like years!


Anyways... not much to show apart from a card I made using my new Tim stamps and Distress Markers. The train is going to be a fave stamp, I can see it happening indeedily. The Distress Markers are so easy to use and mix together really well which meant that I could make the brass bits on the train look more brassy-like by mixing Mustard Seed and Wild Honey together. I know that most crafters won't be interested in the in and outs of train types etc... but if you are bothered - this is an American engine... a Pacific style with a 2-2-4 wheel formation (ok, so I am showing my inner nerdiness here lol) However, one of my fave steam engines have always been the Duchesses - Duchess of Hamilton etc and they are all a lovely red colour, which is why this American engine (which would have been black) has been coloured red.


Now, the track... I think that this was the "image" that swung my decision to get the stamps right now - I love the track... and it stamps brilliantly onto Clearly For Art (Clear flavour)... once stamped and dried, I used ProMarkers to add colour to the ballast, rails and sleepers... dotting different grey's onto the ballasty bits to make them look like stones. (I popped the track onto card so it showed up on the card... it was kind of lost of the Kraft background...) The sentiment is one of the new Tim ones, stamped, coloured with DI's and then cut up so it fitted onto the card.




So... apart from boring you with the trainspotting trait that I have (hey, you can't drive them without getting a little addicted lol), I haven't really much else to tell you... oh apart from a certain something arrived in the Room of Stash yesterday... the new Destinations papers (nomnomnom, they are so gorgeous I have had to put them in to the box to stop the drool damaging them lol) Tomorrow sees a brand new theme for the Sunday Stamper... and a very special Guest Theme Setter too.... I have seen her artwork... oh my, it is gorgeous. I have secured myself a couple of hours in the Room of Stash this afternoon to have a play and make my entry... please do check back tomorrow :O)) Right... I shall away... thanks for looking, again, apologies for the absence.... I don't think that I will be able to blog daily for the next few weeks but will try to keep up with everyone's posts... TTFN

Hels x

27 comments:

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

Oh Girl I love love LOVE this card! I have a fascination with Trains and your card has put that stamp set on my wishlist..FABULOUS! I'm sorry things are rough for you right now, hope it all simmers down so you can get back to your wonderful creations.
HUGS!

Netrix said...

Ooh you trainspotter you!! Lol
Acsh wouldn't have the first clue what kind of train it was but now I know thx.
Haven't got new pens yet but am lonnnnnging for them millions now haha. You're card is really lovely. Fanks for sharing kind lady
Xo

Rita said...

Sorry to hear your having a time of it at the moment Hels. I'm sure being in your craft space for a while will cheer you up. Now I can't wait till to-morrow and see what you have lined up for us. Happy Crafting. Hugs Rita xxxx

lainey said...

fab card Hels. love the train tracks:) lainey x

Redanne said...

You were missed! A lot! Sorry, though for your troubles but what better way to forget them for a while than craft - and you do it sooo well. Love the train! I live with a train fanatic so really must get this set now to do his birthday card. Hope you have a lovely crafty weekend.

Oxana said...

Stunning card!!!

Barb Cady said...

Beautiful card hon. Can't wait for my pens to arrive, you've used them brilliantly! Lots of love and
hugs, thinking of you xxx

Helen said...

Wow, you have made what some may say is a boring subject (not me though!) beautiful! Sorry you've been having a rough time, hope things will be ok and life gets back to 'normal'!

Dee in N.H. said...

OMG! Fabulous card! Love that train! I can't wait to get the new markers but will have to wait a bit and save up. I blew my budget on a 4 day retreat next week. Hee-hee!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great card Hels, you make me think I need this stamp set lol. Love the colouring and the track. Hope things settle down for you soon. Tracy x

Miriam said...

Loving that train!!! I may have to watch it fall into my basket soon.. LOL!!! I also received the destination paper stash yesterday, and my, it is, as we used to say in Cardiff, bloody lush!!

Jenny Marples said...

Lovely card Hels. Did a train one myself in January for my Dad and I struggled with the background. Yours is just perfect and your knowledge of trains is very impressive!
Take care of yourself and remember, the longer you take between posts, the greater the excitement and anticipation builds for us in blogland, so you are doing us a favour!!!:))
Hugs, Buttons x

Kate said...

Just picking up this vibe that you might like trains, not sure, just a feeling I have, lol!! Are you watching the Tube series that's on at the moment?

Sorry to hear things are still tough for you at the moment.

** Kate **

Janeyc49 said...

Gorgeous card Hels, loving that train and sentiment.

Janet x

Aquarius said...

Fabulous card and just love the train stamp - and all the railway info!! Can't beat a bit of steam.

Mary said...

This card is so cool! The way you colored that train is just amazing. I thought that train stamp was beautiful when I saw it on Tim's blog, but you have taken it to a whole new level! It must be all the train love you have. =)

Mo said...

Awesome train, Hels! I have loved them since I was a little girl in Amsterdam and I appreciate all your knowledge. Just got the stamp set in the mail yesterday but the markers are backordered all over the states. Don't worry - sometimes life rearranges your priorities for a bit - it will right itself. I'm happy with whatever you're able to blog.
Hang in there.
HUGS
Marjan

Artyjen said...

Don't worry about posting every day! We love you just the same ;)
xoxo Sioux

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Hels. I am missing joining in at the moment, love your pieces and try to keep an eye on you on my dashboard. Only 3 more weeks and I finish work Yay.
hugs {brenda} xox

craftimamma said...

As anyone who has followed your blog for a short while will know how much you adore your trains, it's not going to be surprising that this is going to be a favourite of yours. It is a beautiful stamp and the track stamp looks great too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great card, sorry to hear things are tough for you, hope things get better soon, not been around either as had sad news and couldn't , take dare hugs trace x

Pat said...

Fab train. I love this card
Patxx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Love your card and your connection to trains. Never apologise for your passions. Life is to short to be a white bread girl!
Hang in there Hels!

Candy C said...

Beautiful card, Hels!!! I have that stamp set too but have hardly used it. Your take on the train is awesome!!! <3 Candy

Alison Horne said...

Nothing like a big red shiny one to cheer you up after a week thats been a load of old ballast,hope things improve, hugs.xx

Shazza said...

wow I love this Hels, fab stamps ans so up your street hunny. Hope you okay x

janna'scraftingattic said...

I just found this , I know it's a couple of yrs ago, but just caught my eye as I have just bid on this stamp. Been very naughty on buying all things Tim since entering his challenges ! This is gorgeous x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails